I know Supremacy 1942 was disregarded as an idea, but here's my idea that I worked on but I don't want to go to waste. It's a little more complicated, BUT is designed to keep new players interested in these "new" features.
Suggestion for "Goldmarks" in-game purchasing, yes propaganda is of course still there- but maybe to give your troops a boost- actual historical commanders or ships or units- LIKE- Montgomery, Rommel, Zukhov, the 101st, Nagumo, etc. Maybe for "extra units" you could have Katushas for Russia or a specific class of AirCraft carrier or tank (PZ Tiger?)
I just wanted to give my idea for a new game. You may already be planning this, or it has been suggested but:
Starting powers: Nazi Germany (strongest infantry in the game, strong tanks but expensive units, OK navy, great U-boats)
Fascist Italy (weak military, medium cost units)
Communist Russia (strongest economically, weak, cheap infantry, strongest tanks, good bunkers)
Great Britain (strong Navy, can use Malta as an air base)
France (weak land units, strong economy)
Libya ("Allied" with Italy)
Egypt ("Allied" with Great Britain)
Morocco ("Allied" with France)
United States (Strong economy Strong navy, land units, weak Air Force)
Imperialist Japan (Strong economy, cheap, weak infantry, strong air, strong but easily destroyed navy, low on Oil)
Philipenes (weak all around)
Australia (weak navy, strong infantry, no starting air force)
Norway (weak land units, good bunkers, OK navy, no air force, no tanks)
Territorial gains are not this time by province, although there still are provinces, but you simply move troops through territory to gain it. You will gain whatever % of that province's output you control. e.g.
move forces through 50% of an enemy province, you get 50% of the province's output. However, if you destroy all military units in the province, the entire territory is yours.
Here are choices for different scenarios.
1) Full- every single (major) power is controlled, and you can engage in sea/air battle all around the globe. United States, Russia, Germany, are all tied for strongest, but not so stronger that they can kick everyone else's ass
2) Europe only- players can control Russia, Norway, Germany, France, Great Britain, Finland or Italy Germany is the strongest start-up position
3) Pacific- Can control Great Britain (via Singapore and India), Australia, United States West Coast, Japan (duh) Phillipenes, Japan is the strongest start-up position
4) Eastern War- 2 player campaign between Germany and Russia, both are equal. Finland is also involved, but is very weak, but have good bunkers
5) North Africa- Italy, Libya, Egypt, Morocco, some Frence army units some British army units, some German army units, and Britain at Malta.
Since these are colonies, it could go like this- the colonial powers have no troops of their own, but the owning powers have 9-15 troops in each provincial capital.