13 25.00%
  • Map should be made with modifications

32 61.54%
  • this map sucks and should never be made

7 13.46%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Map

Post New Map

I know that this isn't technically in ww1 but this would play a big part in the war to come. The new map I purpose is a first Balkan War map. This map could also be used as a training for new players as I think it would be smaller then the 31 player map as the war itself had 5 countries in it. Because of the lack of countries in the war certain countries should be added that were around or influenced the war.

Playable Countries I hope to be in the map:

The Ottoman Empire

Bulgaria

Serbia

Greece

Montengro

Rumaina

Austria Hungry

Russia

Italy

Egypt

Germany

Great Britain

France(I would like them to be an AI but understand they are a big country it's just that they wouldn't fight Germany or AH if it was the Balkan wars fault)

I'm not going to tell you all about the Balkan war because I'm not your history teacher but I will help you discover it for yourself with a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Balkan_War

Please post comments and if you want make the map and post I will give my opinions on those maps

[IMG][/IMG]

Playable Countries:

Black(and for some reason a bit white):Austria Hungry

Light Green:Greece

Red:The Ottoman Empire

Yellow:Italy

Purple:Bulgaria

Tan sort of colour:Rumania

AI Countries:

Blue:Serbia

Brown:Montenegro

Bluish Purple:Albania

Green:Russia
    Last edited by jakethekinglark; 07-16-2012 at 11:40 PM.

I helped make up the initial concept with jake, and agree with most of what he says up there, except I wouldn't include Britain, Germany, France etc... My image is of a much smaller map centered on the Balkans AFTER the first balkan war, but before the second. It's more balanced that way, and the Ottoman Empire doesn't start bordering with EVERY nation.

Playable nations: Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece, Ottoman Empire,
    With montenegro, Albania as AI's, as well as the southernmost bit of AH, and parts of Italy (along the maps border, so the whole nation isn't visible... You could potentially also have a Russian AI in there as well. Southern AH could be made into a playable nation if necessary.
    Being a much smaller map than the 10 or 8 player ones, it allows for a much different experience, with plenty of potential for land and naval battles both.

As the image shows, pre-Balkan war the Ottoman Empire dominates the map, but would get ganged and eaten immediately... Post-war, the map is much more balanced.

Also, I would envision the maps borders being slightly further out in all directions than that images, but it gives the basic picture.
    Last edited by Alesayr; 07-01-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: added a picture
    Arabia: 25'000 dead(me)
    East Algeria: 1.04 million dead

Sweden: 22'000 dead (me)
    North USA: 3.68 million dead

I added Germany France and GB because two of those nations have major interest in the Balkans and France is in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Alesayr View Post
    I helped make up the initial concept with jake, and agree with most of what he says up there, except I wouldn't include Britain, Germany, France etc... My image is of a much smaller map centered on the Balkans AFTER the first balkan war, but before the second. It's more balanced that way, and the Ottoman Empire doesn't start bordering with EVERY nation.

Playable nations: Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece, Ottoman Empire,
    With montenegro, Albania as AI's, as well as the southernmost bit of AH, and parts of Italy (along the maps border, so the whole nation isn't visible... You could potentially also have a Russian AI in there as well. Southern AH could be made into a playable nation if necessary.
    Being a much smaller map than the 10 or 8 player ones, it allows for a much different experience, with plenty of potential for land and naval battles both.

As the image shows, pre-Balkan war the Ottoman Empire dominates the map, but would get ganged and eaten immediately... Post-war, the map is much more balanced.

Also, I would envision the maps borders being slightly further out in all directions than that images, but it gives the basic picture.
    Russia and AH should be playable they had lots of influence and were very interested in this war

I'm very much in favour of a smaller map. We got enough of big maps, and quite frankly I don't think they're that enjoyable. The Balkan war is on top of that a very interesting scenario to have. My suggestion is to have it as a six player map, where Italy, Austria-Hungary, The Ottomans, Bulgaria, Rumania and Greece were playable. Russia, Monte-Negro, Albania and Serbia would be AI, which would give all players a relatively balanced possibility to expand into AI countries.

A quick map to demonstrate what I'm trying to explain:
    http://i.imgur.com/LrBhu.png

Quote Originally Posted by Ynk von Jämmerlund View Post
    I'm very much in favour of a smaller map. We got enough of big maps, and quite frankly I don't think they're that enjoyable. The Balkan war is on top of that a very interesting scenario to have. My suggestion is to have it as a six player map, where Italy, Austria-Hungary, The Ottomans, Bulgaria, Rumania and Greece were playable. Russia, Monte-Negro, Albania and Serbia would be AI, which would give all players a relatively balanced possibility to expand into AI countries.

A quick map to demonstrate what I'm trying to explain:
    http://i.imgur.com/LrBhu.png
    Looks good so far

Lol, I'm still shamelessly pushing my map :3
    Trust me, I'm the Doctor.

so you shoot down my north america map because it wasn't ww1 even tho you're trying to get a map not in ww1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg3nt.D View Post
    so you shoot down my north america map because it wasn't ww1 even tho you're trying to get a map not in ww1
    mine had a impact that's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by RayCaptain View Post
    Lol, I'm still shamelessly pushing my map :3
    what maps that?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information