I can't open any games?

I recently got a new computer, a Mac, and now I can't open any games on it.

The first time I tried of course it didn't work, so I downloaded the plugins and all that... It worked for about a week but then just a few days ago it wouldn't open and I would get the picture I uploaded. But I never get a certificate?(You can also see that the certificate in the picture is a windows, window. If that has any significance.)

After the bar at the bottom finishes loading it gives me a thing to download called "jre_setup.exe.download" or "S1914javainstaller.exe". Which obviously I can't use those files because they are exe and I'm on MacOSX. I would need the jar files, IF that is what I need to download to run the game.

YES I DO have Java installed.

I currently am playing on my old Windows computer, but I have my Mac with me all day and my Windows computer stays home so I can't be nearly as active and as good of a player.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by nicolausp5s; 01-15-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Which browser are you using? Did you check to see if you have the latest version of Java?

If your Java is up to date, then you may need to enable plugins.

Applications>Utilities>Java Preferences. A new window will pop up, and all you need to do is check the box "Enable applet plugins and web start applications."
    Players League Ranking Manager. Questions about PL? Please contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by DoGeeseSeeGod View Post
    Which browser are you using? Did you check to see if you have the latest version of Java?

If your Java is up to date, then you may need to enable plugins.

Applications>Utilities>Java Preferences. A new window will pop up, and all you need to do is check the box "Enable applet plugins and web start applications."
    My Java is up to date, I am using safari.

I tried on Google Chrome and it gives me "Java(TM) is required to display some elements on this page. Problems installing?" I've clicked "Problems installing" trying to get it to work but I couldn't. The reason I told you this is because you said it could be the plugin, I agree.(It also gives me an example of accepting it's certificate, just like in Safari)

I have tried what you told me to do, Applications>Utilities>Java Preferences, But there is no Java Preferences in the Utility folder(I'm using Mountain Lion, if this is of any significance?...Also I triple checked to make sure I have Java installed by re-installing it.)
    Last edited by nicolausp5s; 01-16-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Did you make sure that you uninstalled all old versions of Java?
    Players League Ranking Manager. Questions about PL? Please contact me.

Nicolaus, when I was using a mac I had the exact same problem, but I could always fix it the way geese said in post #2. But it seems Apple has removed the java preferences application from Mountain Lion, and it seems you'll have enable plugins another way. This page might help:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7...x-java-update/

In short, if you have OS X 10.7 or later and wish to configure Java after applying this update, then you'll be using Oracle's Java system preferences panel.
    Last edited by Les Miserables; 01-17-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Thread Information