Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,

I was wonder how many submarines needed to kill a Battleship? In one of my gold games, an Enemy got 4 battleships and i got 3 submarines in the area, can my submarines kill his battleships?

near as I can tell submarines get no bonus when attacking battleships, they just don't have to put up with being shelled for 6 hours as they approach.

3 Subs = 12 strength

4 battleships = 24 strength

so no, unless you can isolate the battleships and attack them individually with your wolf pack, it looks suicidal to even try it.

Deleted User
    Yup,thats right.In a game I am playing,some nutjob kept sending individual subs to attack me,and my ship just kept killing them Good for me

Deleted User
    Oh,and TruCulent,you have to watch out for planes patrolling the area his ships are at.It is one of my favorite tactics.

I put my ships where they are clearly visible,put a whole lot of planes in an aerodrome close by,get them to patrol around the ships.Maybe even 2 planes would do,but I always had like 4-5.When the subs show up,the planes will pound them to hell,and they never make it even close.

And here's the rub,it is not easy to spot planes patrolling.You can spot them if you move the mouse over the correct trajectory the planes are on,the correct flight path.So make sure you run the mouse over the whole place before you send subs in.

Alright, Thanks for your replies Petrie and The Don.

WWI biplanes blowing up subs? Is that even possible (unless docked)?

Deleted User
    could be.Bcuz WWI subs sucked too

Quote Originally Posted by The Don
    could be.Bcuz WWI subs sucked too
    This. Subs spent most of their time on the surface then. Of course OTOH biplanes were also woefully inefective...
    Artillery, n. - an instrument employed to redraw national boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by petrie000
    near as I can tell submarines get no bonus when attacking battleships, they just don't have to put up with being shelled for 6 hours as they approach.
    Submarines are invisible unles an aeroplane is patrolling nearby, or if they are attacking. So chances are that you will not be bombarded the whole way in.

Submarines, I would suggest at least 4 to take down a battleship. But I have seen battleships take down groups bigger than that, so you may want to group in some infantry to absorb the hits while they fight. Of course, if you group in infantry the subs will be pounded the whole way in cuz infantry arent invisible, so best to send in the infantry first, and have the subs arrive about 20 minutes after.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information