The great war map is incredibly unbalanced..almost all the oil is in north africa..it is not historically accurate.

• There should be a more even distribution of oil throughout the map.Romania, Ukraine,Caucasus and Russia have obnoxious natural oil deposits in real life,that is not reflected on the map.On top of that its hard for the players who did not start in africa to cope with those that did in the endgame becasue of the oil exxagerated discrepancy

• Fight for oil! kill oil starting Lands, Romania is great starting for Iron indeed can make if play some else 2 perfect land Romania for Iron and Arabia for oil and trade both other need every day. Us Arabia will tons of oil same what Romania will have but with out Oil.

Enforcer(Angel of Death)b78//+

• Fight for oil! kill oil starting Lands, Romania is great starting for Iron indeed can make if play some else 2 perfect land Romania for Iron and Arabia for oil and trade both other need every day. Us Arabia will tons of oil same what Romania will have but with out Oil.

You did not understand not even one thing from what i've said.

• You need iron to do anythin with your oil. But oil is indeed on that map a very strategical resource.

As of now my 2 soon to be 3 victories came by playing morocco once and east algeria twice.I have greatly benefited from the oil distribution but it also feels like nobody else has a chance if they dont rush you in early game.As an african country the only thing you need is to survive 5-6 days and then conquer spain who has 2 double iron provinces and bam round won...you might as well close the game that very moment because the rest is just time dragging

• I got you that this county mention have natural oil deposits in real life, But if make a map you need consider other Resurses to . And you need iron and that add with Romania instand of oil. Maps are made to make a balance all resurses and not on realistic how it is or how is was.

• As of now my 2 soon to be 3 victories came by playing morocco once and east algeria twice.I have greatly benefited from the oil distribution but it also feels like nobody else has a chance if they dont rush you in early game.As an african country the only thing you need is to survive 5-6 days and then conquer spain who has 2 double iron provinces and bam round won...you might as well close the game that very moment because the rest is just time dragging

hm someone think a great player if come to conquer Spain player will kill you in your landing and take over your lands. On that map a lot great starting lands I won Arabia 2 times and 3 times with Romania have 0 oil. O damn 0 oil? is a big deal plan how to expand.

• I got you that this county mention have natural oil deposits in real life, But if make a map you need consider other Resurses to . And you need iron and that add with Romania instand of oil. Maps are made to make a balance all resurses and not on realistic how it is or how is was.

if htat was true then this imbalance im complaining would have already been balanced out

• if htat was true then this imbalance im complaining would have already been balanced out

I think the larger issue is that you had no real competition. Early game the oil producing nations are in a disadvantage because they lack the iron, which they need to conquer fish and grain can be used early game to save some important region before factories come around. Before that day food and Iron are your military resources for troops and fortresses. but it is true a nation that does good with that food balance is france but it doesn't really havea way to go for oil except Hamburg thus defeating Germany. Africa has a lot of oil but if south europe is active they will beat you at landing as stated above. A lot of the tactics for Spain deal with conquering morroco just as much as morroco has to conquer spain. The end state is the same. It all depends who is victorious in those early days.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• well there is one on strategy that always wins even against 5-10 times stronger enemies

you get asian corner - Arabia,Turkey,. Never tried Egypt or Caucasus but it is also possible. Cavs rush, all out, deff forts on other borders. When done you have materials from Ottomans and Oil from arabia and you only produce mechs, not infantry. You block Suez,Bosfor, Caucasus and have unshakable bunker

oil camper game

----------------------

when it comes to a game - it is balanced for a slow gameplay. it is completely unrealistic if you have rush strategies, multis, wolfpacks and 5 against 1. Numerical superiority overwhelms everything in first 1-2 weeks and at that point you have empires build. Empires which will fight for a medals. So Map itself is great- try playing some Role- play on it. But not so good if rush strategies are implemented.

Have a look at that map- polished for years by bytro. Probably one of the best balanced maps. And my coalition (Ententa) won a game in the second day because of a rush strategy (better dislocation of troops, better offensive strategy, keeping initiative all the time with melee units, being active not reactive, being faster than enemy [speed march]): #2674994

enemy was hoping for standard S&S exchange and we anticipated that. This is why we took them by surprise.