Quick Historical- map info

• /* well IMHO HQ is what you need more than GM. Golden features, golden rounds, building queue, rally points, pictures in your articles, free Recruiting Bureau .

If you want to play 100 and 500 - HQ is what wins the maps. You need some level of automatization fo your 2 0000 provinces. */

to the topic

Do you remember number of population and number of armies for them? I know that back in the days there were also factories in some points and some mechs with some Forts like Lemberg, Breslau and Konigsberg. Plus Germans and France had really good railway network.

• /* well IMHO HQ is what you need more than GM. Golden features, golden rounds, building queue, rally points, pictures in your articles, free Recruiting Bureau .

If you want to play 100 and 500 - HQ is what wins the maps. You need some level of automatization fo your 2 0000 provinces. */

Yeah,well,I cannot Get Hq. I do not have any money to do that at al

Im a pretty Mediocre player :|

• Name Provs
    Pops Army Infs per day( morale 100%)
    Entente 66 183kk 447 55.5
    Russia 21 60.2 kk 148 17.25
    Britain 13 45.2kk 111 12
    France 20 41.2kk 99 15.75
    Italy 12 36.4kk 89 10.5

Name Provs
    Pops Army Infs per day( morale 100%)
    Centrals 41 149.8kk
    Germany 12 65.2kk
    AH 12 50kk 124
    Ottomans 13 24.2kk 59 10.5
    Bulgaria 4 10.4kk 26 3.75
  • So yeah

Centrals have to punch quickly as Entente is getting 45% more infantry every single day

Knock Russia or Italy first, then rest

Russia seems pretty easy as there is no help coming , but it is huge and takes a lot of time

While knocking Italy will open you doors to southern France and will block African reinforcements

• As Russia,I think the best strategy to avoid getting tromped by CEntrals would be to have reliable allies.

Build Fortresses in border provinces,and also in Crimea. Keep Garrisons in all Border Provinces and Crimea,as Crimea is probably the first province Ottomans will target.

If you want to deny AH oil,invade Lemberg (recommended). Then build fortresses in Lemberg,hold the line. Meanwhile,your Western Allies should be fighting Centrals at this point,if they are reliable (and did not go inactive like France,in my game as Russia). Anyhow,keeping garrisons with fortresses will make sure that the Centrals suffer more casualties than you. Ottomans will almost certainly get their army wrecked,if they attack Crimea while you have good fortress and large garrison there.

Building stuff in your provinces should be easy. As Russia,you have the most resources in the Entente (other than maybe France). If the war takes long enough,you should build Railways,Factories,stuff like that. Also,make sure you supply Britain and Italy with the oil and other resources they may need,due to not having much provinces. France should be able to sustain their own troops,as they have oil and all other resources they need from North Africa

After Centrals stop attacking and have suffered massive casualties,invade them. Your western allies have,most likely,already started the offensive on them. Conquering them all should be easy,as they should not have much troops from the constant fighting.

This strategy relies heavily on defense,like in real life WW1.

• only valid strategy for Russia is - keep your army alive and do not die in border skirmishes

even if all 4 Centrals attack you fight that way so you have always 1 line of defense behind with garrisons.

Going into 1-2 border battles and loosing everything is the sure way to lose

• As the only Entente Member on the Eastern Front,Russia is gonna have a tough time repelling of forces of all 4 central powers. You got Germans and AH invading Poland and Ukrainian parts of Russia,Ottomans invading Crimea,and BUlgaria invading Kishinev through ROmania.

• yes

but you do not have to waste whole army to defend every single fort

you start with killing Bulgaria , then ottomans and if their armies die on your forts centrals will have to move troops from north to south to defend fallen comrades.

Central powers cannot push to long into Russia because of western Entente so they have to win in 2-3 days or withdraw.

these are standard patterns for this map. every map has it's standard patterns.

play map more than 10 times and you will start to see them.

• I have always noticed that the last Central Power to fall,if they are losing,is Ottoman EMpire. I think this is because they are on the corner of the map,and do not border any Entente nation,meanwhile,Germany and AH are surrounded by Entente (France,Russia,Italy)

• that is why Ottomans and UK have to hurry to a frontline, because they are to far away.

If entente Fails to bring British and Algerian Troops to the front, while Ottomans and Bulgrians will be there- Entente is done.

• that is why Ottomans and UK have to hurry to a frontline, because they are to far away.

If entente Fails to bring British and Algerian Troops to the front, while Ottomans and Bulgrians will be there- Entente is done.

I agree. Ottomans and British troops are like the 'reserves' who replace the dead soldiers. Ottomans and British provide the extra troops necessary to sustain the front.

I noticed,Cyprus is under British control. How many troops do they start with stationed there? Using Cyprus,Britain can strike at Ottomans.

• Mr.Dutch

Changed the title of the thread from “Quick Historical map” to “Quick Historical- map info”.