Old or new forum?

• Which forum is better 30

The result is only visible to the participants.

Which forum do you guys prefer...old or new?

When you start advertising an alliance tourney when you’re not high enough rank to even have an alliance in Supremacy ;)

When you realise that Supremacy will have better graphics than Call of War:/

When you see red goblins holding up banners..b78//+

• I agree..massively better in the aesthetics and all..although it kinda feels really lonely..

When you start advertising an alliance tourney when you’re not high enough rank to even have an alliance in Supremacy ;)

When you realise that Supremacy will have better graphics than Call of War:/

When you see red goblins holding up banners..b78//+

• I agree..massively better in the aesthetics and all..although it kinda feels really lonely..

Yeah more should follow this is still in Beta but I have asked the EN crew to from now on when linking stuff in chat use the New forum to link to when such equivalent exists

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• The old one was cool too, the problem is that it was always broken, also the new one has some nice functionalities the old one did not, specially on the side of moderation as Narmer states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• The old one was cool too, the problem is that it was always broken, also the new one has some nice functionalities the old one did not, specially on the side of moderation as Narmer states.

I agree 100% I liked the old one and hope to make this one an honor to the memory

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• I love how the new forum looks, I do love how It feels, but I liked that old forum had linked accounts with the game, its just too much accounts now :D

Yeah that is a downside but that's why they invented "remember me" on browsers

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• Yes, I'm the "None, they’re both trash" vote.

Nothing personal against the new forum (way better than the old one) but the problem's root cause remains (and hinted by Superchan): this platform is always gonna lose against the social networks (Facebook, Instagram, etc.), so, the forum's solitude is going to be the norm around here and the effort to create this forum (which I do acknowledge as worth) will remain useless.

Demonaire
    ES. EN & PT Game Operator

Bytro Labs | Supremacy 1914

b78//+

All the things you need to play this game can be found here, here and here.

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

Have you problems with the game? Send a ticket.

• Yes, I'm the "None, they’re both trash" vote.

Nothing personal against the new forum (way better than the old one) but the problem's root cause remains (and hinted by Superchan): this platform is always gonna lose against the social networks (Facebook, Instagram, etc.), so, the forum's solitude is going to be the norm around here and the effort to create this forum (which I do acknowledge as worth) will remain useless.

The forum doesn't have as goal to beat Facebook or instagram, to my knowledge there is even a supremacy1914 facebook page. This forum has as goal to have an easy way to communicate with one another without having to share your real life information. Which it does just wodnerfull

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• The forum doesn't have as goal to beat Facebook or instagram, to my knowledge there is even a supremacy1914 facebook page. This forum has as goal to have an easy way to communicate with one another without having to share your real life information. Which it does just wodnerfull

But the fact is all people (even those interested in this game) spend almost all the time in networks like Facebook or Instagram, instead of forums. Besides, to create fake accounts to hide identity is common practice.

Forums are a relic from the past. Nice, dynamic, but non-usable in this era unless Byrto fuses accounts from here and from social networks.

Demonaire
    ES. EN & PT Game Operator

Bytro Labs | Supremacy 1914

b78//+

All the things you need to play this game can be found here, here and here.

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

Have you problems with the game? Send a ticket.

• Well, I don't agree. I don't use facebook or instagram. Not everybody uses social media.

Besides, you can't keep the information and comunicate the same way as you do on a forum. Where would you keep the FAQ, manual, questions from users, etc. The setup is completely different.

I don't think forums are something from the past, there are still many with millions of users. In Spain we have forocoches for example.

Also, we can always create a link on our signature to our profile game (or use the supremacy signature that shows the latest medals, etc).

• But the fact is all people (even those interested in this game) spend almost all the time in networks like Facebook or Instagram, instead of forums. Besides, to create fake accounts to hide identity is common practice.

Forums are a relic from the past. Nice, dynamic, but non-usable in this era unless Byrto fuses accounts from here and from social networks.

Teens spend most of their time on Facebook and instagram xd more and more people are disconnecting from them because they get sick of having 20 posts/day about a friend eating food xd which is why I stopped using facebook xd It takes hours of time which I don't have. All I use from it is it's chat app 'Messenger'. So I wouldn't say forums should make way for social media. 2012 has been long gone now. But I do agree that a "log in using google, facebook,..." might be a valuable option I wouldn't mind linking my gmail to the forum, And I'm certain combining wouldn't matter to much. I will talk about the use of facebook https://business.facebook.com/Supremacy1914/ on next meeting as seemingly it's right now not maintained which is sad if we wish to reach the people that wish to get their news through Facebook.

Also, we can always create a link on our signature to our profile game (or use the supremacy signature that shows the latest medals, etc).

I have my UserProfile linked as contact option on this forum under "website

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• I think the seperate account feature is positive, not everyone wants their in-game name to be publicly known, so those people can call themselves 'Jabba the Hut' on here if they wish to.

index.php?eID=image&uid=10497737&mode=2
    ⚡ If you speak Dutch, join our Blitzkrieg alliance!
    ⚡ Questions about the game? Have a look at the Game Manual.

⚡ Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    ⚡ Need map info? Click here.

• I think the seperate account feature is positive, not everyone wants their in-game name to be publicly known, so those people can call themselves 'Jabba the Hut' on here if they wish to.

Why wouldn't you want others to know your in game name?

Community Coordinator | S1914

A broken promise is as good as a lie - SlipKnot

• If you want to ask basic noob questions as an experienced player and don't want to come off as a noob.

Can't lie, laughed a lot at this answer

however if you use the forum to sign up for tournaments or things like that your in-game nick will get known so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• What does that have to do with the conversation

“Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”

― Albert Einstein

“War does not determine who is right — only who is left.”

― Anonymous