Flanders Front - New Exclusive Event

• 1560249049_news_images_12716.jpg

Attention Generals!

We are proud to announce that on Tuesday, June 18th 2019 the brand-new event “Flanders Front” will launch in Supremacy 1914! “Flanders Front” is an event we have been working on for quite a while.

“Flanders Front” is based on the Third Battle of Ypres, one of the bloodiest battles fought on the Western Front during World War I. In this scenario you will follow the footsteps of a general of the Entente or the Central Powers with the goal to end the impasse at the Western Front and take the high ground. Collaboration among your fellow generals will be key to be victorious in “Flanders Front”.

“Flanders Front” comes with several brand new and event-exclusive features which will only be available in this particular event! These features touch almost all aspects of the game! Be prepared to see different units, terrain, resources or special weapons. Even combat will be different from what you’re used to in Supremacy 1914. Again, all these changes apply to this event only and will not be available on regular maps and games.

We will share more details shortly before the event. Keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter channels, as we will share exclusive snippets of the event there. We hope you are as excited as we are for the upcoming “Flanders Front” event!

Your Bytro Team

• Dear Supremacy Team,

I have enjoyed this game very much from the moment first found out about it.
    I understand that your ultimate goal is to move forward with this game and make it better, but and for me its a BIG BUT,

removing Legacy option for newer maps really discourages me from playing the new additions to the game.

Best Regards,

Cpt. Spartan

• Dear Supremacy Team,

I have enjoyed this game very much from the moment first found out about it.
    I understand that your ultimate goal is to move forward with this game and make it better, but and for me its a BIG BUT,

removing Legacy option for newer maps really discourages me from playing the new additions to the game.

Best Regards,

Cpt. Spartan

Problem is Spartan, according to what Bytro said, in the legacy version, you can't have those additions, but you can ask the developers yourself the 25th when they doing an AMA(Ask me anything)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• I've been giving my feedback since that day they introduced the new looks, it is just to complicated, it makes it ugly in a way :(

Many of you did, and also many of us did too, however, something that came clear is that legacy is an old and outdated version of what we can have so from my point of view our only chance is to keep pushing suggestions so the new version becomes playable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• I fking love this flanders front! Its amazing!

Researches, new units, actual unit stats and a proper combat system, whoaaa. On top of that, terrains and even roads! How cool is that!

Though I have to agree with Spartan that the visuals need improvement.

It took me some time to figure out what the yellow circles were. I prefered the real fog of war where anything outside the view range is clearly darker.

Furthermore I have difficulty making out my own country. When I first joined the new map I took some time to see which part of this colourful painting belonged to me.

It would be cool if terrain was a bit clearer.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Take this example, you see 4 provinces. Tbh, it could be everything. I see some trees in every province, but also has a lot of farms, even many buildings. Turns out that the bottom left province is actually woods! So that small part, less than 1 third is full of wood, makes the whole province a wood province. So the bottom right province must be woods too, right? No, thats actually flat. Very confusing.

This is also a great example, what could this be? Hills or Flatland? Hm... its actually Flatland!

Also, its a bit hard to distinguish the water and the lanes on the water!

This Yellow had me really confused, and I can't see the paths on the waters at all.

I also dislike that you are able to disembark from water onto a bridge (Street over water).

• Thanks for the feedback so far!

Furthermore I have difficulty making out my own country. When I first joined the new map I took some time to see which part of this colourful painting belonged to me.

Please switch your view mode to "country relations", as this will make everything much more clear! Your own country will then be green, all allies are blue, all enemies are red and all neutrals are yellow.

• freezy whoa, thanks for the tip. Didn't know that existed. That really improved my gameplay experience.

Here is another issue:

What the hell is going on in there? I cant make out anything and a pin mode doesn't seem to exist.

(Thats elite AI btw).

Also, I think its "weird" (at least it takes some time to adjust, get comfortable with) how the research system works. Appearently there is only a minimum day requirement for the first research level on an unit. After researching level one, it seems you can research many more levels immediately, makes you able to have high level units early on. Not what I am used to^^

The scaling is also very strong, more than 100% each research level.

However I absolutely love that you can chose which unit level you can produce! Thats neat!

• The DEBATABLE

The part where you can make units in just 5 mins and above can also be exploited when an enemy tries to rush someone where there are no units in the area. But 5 mins later, they see an infantry, maybe even a few more in a few minutes. On the one hand it
    STOPS RUSHES but gives no justice to the person who boldly and ingeniously rushed the enemy, but on the latter, maybe it is a REALISTIC APPROACH because you cannot really rush in the Great War. Doing so would really screw the other team because one guy who got rushed leaves the entire teams back-line open for rushes. With this feature, the team can create units fast so the enemy cannot push that fast.

THE SOMEWHAT BAD

Visual graphics mentioned above aside, another issue is the unit levels: when produced, the units level stay the same. When these units get "out-teched", there main use is just home defence or military police in low morale areas. Either that or still use them in assaults in hopes to make a difference. Still, the issue here is the units
    UPKEEP. It is much preferable to sacrifice them than lose out on a bit of resources when the tech difference is significant - but only if these units have no use or are just defence.

Disclaimer: Just a perspective of someone who wants to save up resources. Other than that, units are not a complete waste.

THE BROKEN BAD (that it could be exploited)

Umm Bytro... Are you saying it takes all of the units health for the unit to be destroyed?! This feature can be exploited fast by just making a huge stack with lots of health just charge at everything without expecting any losses. You kill maybe 30 units but suffer
    NO CASUALTIES because the army group still has a decent chunk of health? The base game mechanics where both units die is a lot more safe as it really encourages players to make an army group that will surely have an advantage over the other units to breakthrough or cause more casualties.

If you want any clarifications of this post just ask!
    All these are just CLAIMS OR OPINIONS OR FEEDBACK so please take them into consideration - just want Bytro to look into these cases and whether to rebalance these or not. In any case, high praise to Bytro personnel for delivering this event! Having tons of fun playing the gamemode! Top 10 anime crossovers or something xD b78//+

Best Wishes,
    ~ Cpt Mystic Stirling ;P

• My units are lvl 4 so if come with lvl 1 the will get like image a massacre your side. Only think like first are they supply's rest is a ok if know how use your army or what army you need to build. If build all them your just food since have no time upgrade then and die like in the images his units lvl 1 . To get a lvl 4 Research take 1 day of Research and it doesn't stop there you have something else to in order to build them. Otherwise will have lvl 1 even if research them to 4. So advise ready the beginning post then know what need to do or build lvl 1 and come with 4 or the max 6.

Enforcer(Angel of Death)b78//+

• Well Damn, this should be the default option.

It actually is the default option since several game updates ago, if it isn't for you then you probably changed this view option at some time in the past (toggled it on and off) and the setting was saved for your account. Please spread the awareness then if you encounter more players getting confused with country colors :)

• It actually is the default option since several game updates ago, if it isn't for you then you probably changed this view option at some time in the past (toggled it on and off) and the setting was saved for your account. Please spread the awareness then if you encounter more players getting confused with country colors :)

I will kind sir.

• Here is an issue I noticed with the morale:

The Neighbour effect is too significant.

A single 100% morale province gives each neighbouring province +12.

A single 25% morale province gives eac neighbouring province -18.

In some cases when conquering new provinces, the morale can hardly improve because of too many new conquered provinces in the neighbourhood.

I conquered YPRES (big city in the middle) on day 1 or 2, as well as all its surrounding bastions. Now its day 8 and the morale of YPRES is 19%.

Its a snowball effect, once low, always low because low morale gives additional low morale.

Same goes for provinces with good morale. Capping some capitals or just letting the morale rise in the first days (where you don't have the expansion minus points) means your homeland reaches 100%. And it will hardly go down, its stuck at 100% because the neighbours push each other so hard.

But I fear if the breaking point is reached, which could be earlier in some cases where provinces only have 1 neighbour, another snowball effect is created, plummiting the morale down.

Btw, I tested the early rush someone else mentioned. My buddy and I joined a map, I full spammed Barracks and Horses, while my mate spammed factories and assault infantries. (Also some infrastructure in key provinces)

The result is that it goes too well. We are crushing every army by just running through with 0 casualties, except some morale.

This is about the strongest armies in the world.(day4)

I think its too op.

Edit:

Daychange from day 4 to 5 and we already won...