bottom side of threads and reply form

• So the thing is as follows, some of you already know that I was part of the CoW community and staff for a while, been there since the beginning of it and that meant to help users get into the forum of the game, however I've noticed something different between them, the questions they ask. While CoW users asked about technical things once they already log in and didn't/don't have many problems to register and post, S1914 users tend to ask 2 things:

- I can't see anything in the link you are providing me, what can I do?
    - I don't know how to register or reply

I can't see anything in the link you are providing me, what can I do?

This is something we can't do nothing about, is something for the devs to fix, i even had staff members who were given the permissions for our internal forums, but they just couldn't access it via direct link, while they could access it by going to forum, searching for category and then searching for thread

I don't know how to register or reply

Regarding this one, i believe I found an answer for it and I'll try to prove why it happens

When logged in, there is a quite significant difference when reaching the bottom of a thread, while a box with tools could be helpful for those that are already familiarized with how forum works, for those that don't have a clue, it's easier to just press the "Reply" button, shown as "Responder" in the images. When pressing "Reply" in CoW, the text box appears with all its tools.

Let's also look at what we see in order to register ourselves in the forum:

When joining the Call of War forum for the first time, you'll see a brown-greyish theme and 2 big coloured buttons

However, when joining the Supremacy1914 forum for the first time, you'll just see plain text in the upper right corner that isn't even differentiated from the rest of the theme:

I believe that you can clearly see the difference between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• Regarding this one, i believe I found an answer for it and I'll try to prove why it happens

For replying in my opinion it's clearer in Supremacy then on Cow however in the other view I find it more hidden:

This is when a thread has multiple pages and your not on the last page

When joining the Call of War forum for the first time, you'll see a brown-greyish theme and 2 big coloured buttons

How does CoW look like when logged in then is it an option to just change the color of the registration button to e.g. red in S1914?

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• How does CoW look like when logged in then is it an option to just change the color of the registration button to e.g. red in S1914?

I don't understand the question, if you are logged in, you don't see the registration button anymore

• I don't understand the question, if you are logged in, you don't see the registration button anymore

Well I was wondering what thwe huge difference betwen CoW and S1914 is as both kinda blend into the theme except that CoW does have a real button like view

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• Well I was wondering what thwe huge difference betwen CoW and S1914 is as both kinda blend into the theme except that CoW does have a real button like view

From my point of view, when you have everything in one colour and then you have a few buttons in other completly different colour, it'll mean that you want the user to pay attention to that button

for reply thing, it's about how you see it easier, sometimes, a big coloured button is better than a text box, i think it's better if the same big red button of "Reply" that appears in the top side, would be in the bottom side, instead of the text box and them the buttons

I also don't think that it just happens that CoW users have no trouble finding how to register and reply and S1914 have, it's hard to believe that the only difference of why it happens is that the CoW users are more used to forums and internet and S1914 are simply not

• I also don't think that it just happens that CoW users have no trouble finding how to register and reply and S1914 have, it's hard to believe that the only difference of why it happens is that the CoW users are more used to forums and internet and S1914 are simply not

This or s1914 users do not see additional value in the forum as tbh the largest part of the EN forum is Golden Frieza saying how good he is.

This would be solved if more people use it offcourse

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• This or s1914 users do not see additional value in the forum as tbh the largest part of the EN forum is Golden Frieza saying how good he is.

This would be solved if more people use it offcourse

well, the point is that if anyone comes forward and join the conversation, others won't either according to your point

so if that's the case, we should look into how we can add that additional value

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O