Flanders Front - Join The 3rd Battle of Ypres now

• 1560848362_news_images_12764.jpg

Attention, Generals!

“Flanders Front”, the most revolutionary event in Supremacy 1914, is now available to all players!

Lead the Entente or the Central Powers to victory! Join a team of 10 players in the Third Battle of Ypres and defeat the enemy. Collaborate closely with the other generals, as you will need your entire team to conquer and hold the provinces with Victory Points against your 10 opponents.

Event details:

• 1917: Ypern Map with 20 players
    • 2 fixed teams of 10 players each
    • Each member of the winning team receives 10,000 Goldmark
    • Hold 70% of all Victory Points on the map
    • Random country selection
    • Elite AI (but no Goldmark entry fee)
    • Initial relation towards the other team: war
    • Timeboxed at 21 days

New event-exclusive features

“Flanders Front” comes with a great number of event-exclusive features which you will not be able to experience outside this event in Supremacy 1914. Read carefully and be prepared!

Research: Specialize by researching higher unit and building levels to greatly improve their power and trump your opponents!

Armor classes: Counter your opponent's strategy by recruiting units that deal high damage against units of a certain armor class!

Terrain: Read the battlefield and take advantage of it in combat and when moving your troops!

Economy: Work with what you have, as production and demand of a product cannot be altered by using or producing another resource.

Morale: The morale of a province has a direct impact on its productivity. Moral penalties are based on number of provinces, not on being at war.

Special weapons: Take advantage of special weapons and their abilities, like the powerful gas artillery!

Epic weapons: Make your units even more powerful by unlocking their epicness at the end of the research tree!

Feedback

Your feedback is of great importance to us. We opened all possible channels for you to share your thoughts, impressions and feedback. Join us and discuss the new event on the forums. Participate in our survey that will be available throughout the event. And send us your questions for our game designers which they will answer in our AMA (Ask me anything) on June 25th in the forums.

We hope you enjoy this phenomenal new event and wish you best of luck on the battlefield!

Your Bytro Team

• I think the supply's at the start for both research and building are to low. Other then that interesting to have units from day 1:D

what have you tried to build and research so that you run out of resources?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• I can't tell that mate ready know since is my Battle plan .

ok, you got a point there, but how do you have a "battle plan" to a map and mechanics you couldn't prepare a few hours ago because you didn't know how it was going to be? all i'm saying is that even if some are cheap and takes very little time, you don't have to build and research them all, you have to choose

• I played WW2( Call of War) first before I joined Supremacy does that answer you question.

i guess it does, somehow :/

• If youu hadn't noticed yet the map has almost more in common with CoW then with s1914

ofc i did, but there are traits from both, when i first played CoW i found barracks where similar to recruitment offices because they were made where you produce units, however when i tested the event last week and i saw those buildings i thought to myself, it looks like here you have to choose one way or another, you can't have everything in each province at start, one province would produce infantry, other would produce light armor, other would produce heavy armor and others would produce planes,

• The DEBATABLE

The part where you can make units in just 5 mins and above can also be exploited when an enemy tries to rush someone where there are no units in the area. But 5 mins later, they see an infantry, maybe even a few more in a few minutes. On the one hand it
    STOPS RUSHES but gives no justice to the person who boldly and ingeniously rushed the enemy, but on the latter, maybe it is a REALISTIC APPROACH because you cannot really rush in the Great War. Doing so would really screw the other team because one guy who got rushed leaves the entire teams back-line open for rushes. With this feature, the team can create units fast so the enemy cannot push that fast.

THE SOMEWHAT BAD

Visual graphics mentioned above aside, another issue is the unit levels: when produced, the units level stay the same. When these units get "out-teched", there main use is just home defence or military police in low morale areas. Either that or still use them in assaults in hopes to make a difference. Still, the issue here is the units
    UPKEEP. It is much preferable to sacrifice them than lose out on a bit of resources when the tech difference is significant - but only if these units have no use or are just defence.

Disclaimer: Just a perspective of someone who wants to save up resources. Other than that, units are not a complete waste.

THE BROKEN BAD (that it could be exploited)

Umm Bytro... Are you saying it takes all of the units health for the unit to be destroyed?! This feature can be exploited fast by just making a huge stack with lots of health just charge at everything without expecting any losses. You kill maybe 30 units but suffer
    NO CASUALTIES because the army group still has a decent chunk of health? The base game mechanics where both units die is a lot more safe as it really encourages players to make an army group that will surely have an advantage over the other units to breakthrough or cause more casualties.

If you want any clarifications of this post just ask!
    All these are just CLAIMS OR OPINIONS OR FEEDBACK so please take them into consideration - just want Bytro to look into these cases and whether to rebalance these or not. In any case, high praise to Bytro personnel for delivering this event! Having tons of fun playing the gamemode! Top 10 anime crossovers or something xD b78//+

Best Wishes,
    ~ Cpt Mystic Stirling ;P

P.S. A repost from the other thread

So what are your experiences after the few hours/days playing Flanders Front? :)

• Light Tanks were developed later in the war, thus they unlock later than the heavy tank and their first level is already as strong as lvl2-3 of a heavy tank. But in turn the Light tank also has less levels to research. This system goes for all the unlocks in the game. Day 1 unlocks have 6 levels, day 3 unlocks have 5 levels and day 6 unlocks have 4 levels.

• After playing and winning a round of Flanders I have to say that your theory is very wrong.

1.i have to say the rush part is a valid point

2 . Having a large stack of massive hp is absolutely useless if it doesn't do damage lol you can spam ten of thousands of heavy units and conscripts but if I attack you with howitzers and cav you won't live long and I have to say units heal painfully slow in the game and the lower the Hotpoint the lower damage so I can say that if you have won with a stack which has lost like a 400/1000 of heavy flamers and conscripts hp and I have lost with only 0/400 I have gotten the worth of my troops as a next stack of anti heavy troops will kill your stack in moment without taking much damage.so better play by the rock paper scissors part of the game.

3. The truly op thing I have found is the infrastructure spam in this map I have to say if spamming like 4 level 3/4 infrastructure in your empire can make you ridiculous amount of resources and give you enough money to buy anything else as on the endof day 7 I was making 100k+ per day

• ther eis only one true way- cav spam + inf spam

1/3 of team is spawning cavs in hundreds and use roads to quickly occupy victory points, while other spawn infs to secure victory points and roads

I cannot see other sensible way to play that