Thoughts and Opinions

• Take a look at these screenshots of the unit icon on each version of the game:

Old version U.I:

fFuciVugR9_4DJKZrj5rMw.png

New version zoomed-in U.I:

fcCYrOi3SP_QRGGbJfJ9-g.png

New Version zoomed-out U.I:

WXxtsaWTSU_ipWNRQgf3Dw.png

What I want to ask is, that is it possible to implement the same unit icon design of the old version (legacy mode) to the new version of the game? If not, then how come we cannot have that implemented?

Looking at the screenshots, we can see how simple and easier it is to identify a huge stack of units in the legacy mode compared with the new version of the game. The huge troop/unit design in the new version is too flashy and often is confusing to look at compared to the more simpler design of the legacy mode troop/unit design. The graphics of the land and the ocean is alright, I fancy that, but the troop/unit design is really what turns me off.

I am a legacy mode user, and I heard that legacy mode won't be staying for too long because it will be soon outdated. When the revamp update came, the legacy mode wasn't available yet and many of the old users were turned off on playing the game because of its too much flashiness. As a result, Bytro listened to the voices of the veteran users' who complained about this issue and implemented the legacy mode as an alternative. But for how long will it last?

I would like to hear what the community thinks about this. Please feel free to share your honest opinion about this topic.

• implemented the legacy mode as an alternative

Legacy remained an option since day 1, I was the guy explaining people how to use it xd, However the term legacy already indicates it being outdated and impossible or quite costly to maintain and as such it will eventually be siezed.

I remember at some point in time the devs did experiment with the old sprites on the new map however they just truly don't fit in which made the 2nd idea the label above the units with an indication what they contained implemented.

At last a moderatorial remark, I fixed the images in your post lightshot sadly made it harder to share their pictures directly onto a forum however it remains possible

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• I'm also a legacy user and I believe the day they remove it, they will also say goodbye to a big part of the players.

I completely agree with you, the new version is confusing. I don't really care about the new unit images, the zoom, the fancy sea, or any of the new graphics.. It's a strategy game so I just want to have a clear vision of the game situation. In the legacy mode you can see exactly where the troops are, where they are heading and the composition, whereas on the new version you can't.. It's as simple as that I think.

• I'm also a legacy user and I believe the day they remove it, they will also say goodbye to a big part of the players.

I completely agree with you, the new version is confusing. I don't really care about the new unit images, the zoom, the fancy sea, or any of the new graphics.. It's a strategy game so I just want to have a clear vision of the game situation. In the legacy mode you can see exactly where the troops are, where they are heading and the composition, whereas on the new version you can't.. It's as simple as that I think.

I can't agree nor I can disagree.

Its hard to make everyone happy but we as a community must figure a way on how to improve the current suggestion :).

I am having a blast trying all sorts of browser based strategy games just to figure out what I like and what I dislike