A suggestion for the visual interface of the game.

• What kind of style would you prefer in S1914? 9

The result is only visible to the participants.

Hello!

As many of you know, there has been a large amount of discontent regarding the new look of S1914 ever since it was implemented. I'm less opposed to it, and in regards to those faults that it has, I'm rather willing to make suggestions so that it can be tailored to feedback from the community and improve.

That being said, there is one thing in particular that sticks out quite a bit for me. The interface, and the new design in general, has an emphasis on a "modern" look (faded colours, blue/grey buttons and panels, futurist design), which in my opinion is not reflective of the era (1914-1918) and is one element of the game that has the potential to improve the visual appearance tremendously if done properly.

I think something which would greatly enhance the visual aspect, and which, if implemented as a general trend with other visual cues, would make the game look beautiful, is a more traditional look.

Lettering examples

(From the Victorian Era to 1918)

Map examples

(Yes, taking a page from EU4)

Please feel free to leave any constructive criticism/comment on this thread if you would like to discuss this further. Naturally, this is only my opinion. I've included a poll so that we might get better insight on the thoughts of others on this topic.

Thank you! :)

• I think something which would greatly enhance the visual aspect, and which, if implemented as a general trend with other visual cues, would make the game look beautiful, is a more traditional look.

It's funny because the old website had this style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!