Open Discussion about Bugs?

• I totally agree if 'accepted' it should be explained somewhere to level the battle field like SnS is in the FaQ but I myself have to little knowledge of them and tbh have no idea myself at this point what is bug and what is "feature" despite having acces to the sources.

Precisely, I don't know everything, but if it was allowed to publicly discuss all these "bugs", then we could all share our knowledge, make up a list and there could be clear rules as to what is allowed and what isn't.

Right now, there is too much subjectivity, if there is a problem/ticket, whoever is in charge of it decides based on his/her experience.

If you have access to the source(sckopen and I did too) and you can't tell which is a bug and which is a "feature" then how are you going to warn/ban for exploits?

Yeah, there isn't a bug list even available for support members and they aren't really informed of anything.. What I know about the game is out of experience and I would say most support members are the same.

• Yeah, there isn't a bug list even available for support members and they aren't really informed of anything.. What I know about the game is out of experience and I would say most support members are the same.

I could count with the fingers of one (1) hand, and I'll won't need all of them, all the support members of S1914 capable enough to explain all the bugs, that for example you(Sckopen) and I, know about.

Even with those 3/4/5 people, they(including us) probably wouldn't know all of them.

And here's the thing, Bytro doesn't either, not just those that we don't know, but also those that we know.

b78//+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

Edited 2 times, last by nemuritor98 ().

• If you have access to the source(sckopen and I did too) and you can't tell which is a bug and which is a "feature" then how are you going to warn/ban for exploits?

Such decisions will at any point be made by bytro. Even if a list would exist bugs come and go as the game gets developed. As such a list would always be outdated result bytro remains the one taking the shots. And warnings/bans (don't forget I'm talking forum warning and bans not ingame as Smod I have nothing to do with the GO department how they handle the use of exploits is their matter, I respond to the initial question about the discussion here on the forum)

Will be given when bytro internally has made a stance. I and no mod will personally decide something is an exploit without discussing it with the higher ups. Anyway this seems to keep going on I'll try to put some effort into actually working out something that can work.

What about we try to apply

The fine line lies between:

Explaining a bug so we are made aware of it in order to fix it,
    Explaining an advanced strategy (something in the game that is accepted, but is referred to as a bug by some players) to other players
    And publicly explaining how to take advantage of an exploit (which is not allowed, as you can imagine).

When trying to discuss a bug you start by explaining a bug in a way we are aware of what is happening if we need more information we contact you etc etc. Then we put it up internally to see under which category it falls and green/red light the full explaining of it? would that be a way that works? It does put an additional effort both into the hands of the users and the crew but it does fix the contradiction of discussing something you might not be allowed to discuss.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• 50 mln GMs , HQ for a year and I will make full list of bugs for bytro with explenation why it happens.

I wonder if a bug allowing you to decide which place to take on the alliance game map is still working . that one was fun as you were able to decide who goes where in a map with random countries

• I am of opinion difference in exploit (bug) and 'feature' seems to be that a 'feature' is something you create with activity level of play, and is part of business plan where more activity creates more income for Bytro...this is smart business plan.

Can I get Sckopen and Nemuritor to teach me some of these 'Tricks" I like to be in the loop ;)

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• if I will be able to preproduce it - will I be banned for using that advanced strategy against Bots and Humans?

If you manage to reproduce this situation. You are allowed to use it, and you will not be banned for it. This is also the case for similar situations in the future

Community Support

Supremacy 1: The Great War | EN Main Administrator

Supremacy 1914 | NL Moderator

• check mate,

this is what I needed

anyway- on steam we can advertise Supremacy as the only game in the whole web that allows all kinds of bugs and exploits to be unleashed withotu fear of being banned .

That will bring more people to the game than all other advertisment gather together.

'With Introduction of a new BUG DLC Supremacy became firt MO SG in which have unlimited possibilities of creating new tactics and advanced strategies.. Everything that game engine allows you to do- is legal. Unleash you creative potential and join a game where you can create tactics and strategies unseeen ever before. Crush experienced enemies with totally new rushes and game changing strategies.

Bytro want you!'

something like that and you will see people floating liek a river.

it is al abotu replacing words exploit and bug with word innovative tactives, gamechanging strategies.

Everyone happy and no one complains. plus we save workhours on fixing exploits or readign bug reports....

win-win for everyone

• I am of opinion difference in exploit (bug) and 'feature' seems to be that a 'feature' is something you create with activity level of play, and is part of business plan where more activity creates more income for Bytro...this is smart business plan.

Can I get Sckopen and Nemuritor to teach me some of these 'Tricks" I like to be in the loop ;)

I don't think anyone can really say what the difference is between a "bug" and a "feature" :D

If you manage to reproduce this situation. You are allowed to use it, and you will not be banned for it. This is also the case for similar situations in the future

So you are saying that bug exploits are now allowed? Just like that? This can't be good either.. If the players that know about combat bugs start exploiting them, there will be lots of unfair combats and a lot of unhappy players. Even more so when there is no information anywhere about these bugs. Could someone else please confirm this? as it's quite hard to believe..

Seems to me that Bytro has no answer to this issue. So what I take out of this, is that reporting bugs on the forum is legal, so we can explain the causes and how the bug works, but without pointing out how this could be taken advange of..

• Even more so when there is no information anywhere about these bugs. Could someone else please confirm this? as it's quite hard to believe..

I can confirm that Mr.Dutch answer came directly from Bytro officials.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• Just to make this whole thing of an answer a bit more official...

Basically we allow players to raise any "bug related topic". So they don't have to wonder is this a bug or an exploit. Since we do not provide an official list of bugs and exploits, we cannot expect players to know whether this was reported already or is considered an exploit.

...in case the reported issue then indeed is classed as an exploit by us, Bytro will take action to fix it asap… otherwise it won't be considered an exploit

• Just to make this whole thing of an answer a bit more official...

Basically we allow players to raise any "bug related topic". So they don't have to wonder is this a bug or an exploit. Since we do not provide an official list of bugs and exploits, we cannot expect players to know whether this was reported already or is considered an exploit.

Ok, but I don't think you realise the magnitude of these bugs.. Here is the first bug related topic: Defensive Combat Bug

...in case the reported issue then indeed is classed as an exploit by us, Bytro will take action to fix it asap… otherwise it won't be considered an exploit

So you say if it's classed as an exploit, it will get fixed.. If it's not fixed, it won't be considered and exploit. This sounds fair enough to me, but the problem is that this was reported a couple of years ago and we were told by CMs that it wouldn't get fixed, too hard to modify the combat system.

So following what you say, it's not getting fixed, it's not an exploit... So anyone could defeat another player even though he is being attacked 10/1... This is the problem, this can't happen either otherwise it would be chaos.

In theory I agree with "not fixed, then not an exploit", but this doesn't actually happen in reality because they don't get fixed.

Thank you for answering by the way, I am glad there is a discussion about this.