Elite AI for all! - Patch Notes

• Im quite frankly not surprised that a EN mod for bytro is defending these updates. I was enjoying a good amount of hours and pay from my job. When i became critical of them, my hours dropped significantly, i will not be working for the company in the coming weeks. Probably the same with you demon. (...)

...and then I stop reading. But don't worry: I'll compensate you with this image, which I think it reflected "sharply" my thought about your point of view:

E4xrN0k.jpg

Demonaire
    ES. EN & PT Game Operator

Bytro Labs | Supremacy 1914

b78//+

All the things you need to play this game can be found here, here and here.

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

Have you problems with the game? Send a ticket.

• @Demonaire

are you writing above as a mod or a a simple user trolling another user with spam in the topic about updates?

anyway

it looks to me that my Mercenary Gameplay can stay as long as I have willing sponsor to help with units. So from your point of view D nothing changes. You produce me gold units- I do my job - everyone happy, even Bytro with GMs spent on units.

Now I am 101% sure that that was a main reason for bytro to remove trading units- to force sponsors to pay for their troops and troops of their coalitions . heavy burden for sponsors if you ask me. It was much cheaper and better for them to gold produce unit, rent them to allies, and if something survived- take them back.

not saying that on the big maps trading units is very profitable so if you have no use for 5 kk infs- you give them to others who need them lowering you upkeep costs , which in turn allows you to gain 25 k oil and 100 k grain per day. same with a guy who figure out he is useless in operating fleets and wants to exchange it for something else. )r someone trashed by multis and stalker, left with 1 province from his friend he would like continue but because he was rushed by 50 cavs in the third day he was not able to achieve anything . he would like to play , get somr troops to do a job and retake his lands but after newest update it is a long forgotten dream without GMs.

• It's always the anime character that has an issue with me isn't it <X

Cry all you want, Tork Bad, RPU man bad. I've been the same since 2011. Nothing has changed before you and nothing will change after you, but if you have any solutions that are on topic, feel free to write them here buddy :P. MAGA.

so basically Lemme get this straight.

The rpu was reduced to 50 people can barely get maps now. You have broken the rpu server 3 times. Multiple veterans have quit and nothing has changed or will change. Look at this update and everyone talking about how to change it yet nothing will happen sure.

• ...and then I stop reading. But don't worry: I'll compensate you with this image, which I think it reflected "sharply" my thought about your point of view:

E4xrN0k.jpgI agree with golden frieza. If your speaking as mod that is out of line. Mods moderate without being rude unless there is trouble. If your a player that's different. However in both cases respectful discourse is preferred.

• @Demonaire

are you writing above as a mod or a a simple user trolling another user with spam in the topic about updates?

No, I'm writing as an everyday player in Supremacy1914, which it's allowed for everyone who participate here. Of course, due to me participating here, I don't have allowed to exercise my power as Mod in this topic, as that would be an evident conflict of interests. If any violation results to happen here, I only could do the same thing an user would do: report the content. Nothing more, nothing less.

Finally, trolling implies nonsense replies only for the sake of provocation. My reply to Momo only appoints to the fact that her considering my opinion wrong just because I'm Bytro Moderator is so off-of-the-mark (because of the evident ad hominem fallacy) that clearly remember me the same character from Girls und Panzer, who miss the mark even if her target was at point-blank range.

Demonaire

b78//+

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

• @Momo Kawashima

Oh my god I didnt think I would ever find something to agree with @Demonaire on, but I guess you learn something new every day. His messages arent even worth reading through :D

Salty Message 1: Sir, We Didn't penetrate their armor!

Salty Message 2: We didn't even scratch them!

tumblr_olk58fr4UG1srr81uo2_250.jpg

so basically Lemme get this straight.

The rpu was reduced to 50 people can barely get maps now. you have broken the rpu server 3 times. Multiple veterans have quit and nothing has changed or will change. Look at this update and everyone talking about how to change it yet nothing will happen sure.

Dont worry, Im on my way out too, Ill leave you all to deal with this mess since its become a "blame one another rather than work together to come up with a solution" at this point :rolleyes:

I'd appreciate not being @'ed again. It gets on my nerves when you bother me for something that originally had nothing to do with me.

Edit: This actually amazes me, how even in the worst of situations, rp groups are blamed for causing something that developers did. Amazing the level of PC fake news is allowed to thrive these days.

"Unity and Loyalty Above All"

My Youtube Channel is linked in the thumbnail :)

o4f5ntZt.jpg

The New Roleplayers Union Discord is linked to the Banner. Feel free to drop by and say hello 8)

sTnoUfV.png

• I think this thread has perhaps become side-tracked, that being said I think the community has clearly expressed that they are not behind latest update regarding unit trading and the limitations to resource trading specifically. The primary advocate (and only from what i gather? at least here.) for the update is Demonaire, and although he is entitled to an opinion, and to the expression of said opinion. He is, however, still a member Byto's staff base and thus perhaps inclined to side with his employer, no offense or anything demon but you are a member of staff first before you are a member of the community. It is literally your job (also i'm low-key annoyed you didn't respond to my counter-argument, but it be like that sometimes.).

Thus I suspect it is now up to Bytro as to whether they wish to implement any changes or revert any of the changes they have thus far put into place. Some of these include:

- Alerting the community to possible changes 2-3 weeks prior to their implementation. Could include polling or other methods of feedback.
    - Reverting changes to unit and resource trading,

- If this was done to resolve an exploit or other 'bug', I'm sure the community would be happy to brainstorm other solutions with you if only we are given the chance.

- Implementation of a Map editor system to start one's own customised matches, could cost an equal or greater amount of money (in goldmark) required to run the server. I don't know how much server space it requires to run a game, but simply make this the cost with a 50% mark-up or something similar, thus making it profitable.

Ultimately the community (by and large) does not approve of the two latest updates, and we do love this game, we just don't want to feel as though we are the enemy of some sort. When we should be working together for mutual benefit.

Uncanny

• simple way to make it - introduce updates in closed beta version games to see the reaction for full 4 weeks

I belive Frontline Pioneers are not the best in testing whatever they are testing or in giving feedback- both ways it is clear that you need better test environment

and some feedback from players and community, not from CMs and Teams as I believe there is huge difference between feedback from both groups( i can tell you how it is done in video games if you are interested , we will talk about payment later ;-)

• I mean a quick survey of what players would like or would you want something with a simple post of we heard you so we're adding in the updates as follows. Just listen to someone who plays the game enough to struggle in it when they suddenly take a core feature out. I mean when it dropped I was confused like what's wrong. The core feature I had been using all game was suddenly gone. I had no preparation no warning. I would have hoarded resources.

• Well, in some sense, we, as mods, are the bridge between users and developers. So we're the ones in charge of keeping communication with the users and inform the developers about users' reaction on the updates they implement.

I can empathize with the feeling of seeing most ideas and suggestions user gives took a long time to be implemented or aren't implemented at all. However, those answers, in some way disheartened, are better than not giving an answer at all or to promise your ideas and suggestions will surely be implemented only to not fulfill that promise.

People must understand that NOT all the ideas and suggestions will ever be implemented and the best thing we can do in those cases is, at least, read those proposals and give a proper answer, even if opposed to the expectatives the player has.

On the other hand, as you surely have had the opportunity to see, topics like this, in some cases, serves as applause committee for the people disagreeing with the updates implemented. Answers from mods disagreeing with them aren't welcome here and, in that context, it's understandable the devs prefers to not involving in such discussions. After all, their work isn't to interact with players, but develop the game in the way they think better serves for Bytro and the community. Hence, Mods are here for that interaction, including the communication to them about players' concerns and worries.

I'm sorry for the fact there is no better way to manage those affairs.

Greetings.

Demonaire

b78//+

• simple way to make it - introduce updates in closed beta version games to see the reaction for full 4 weeks

I belive Frontline Pioneers are not the best in testing whatever they are testing or in giving feedback- both ways it is clear that you need better test environment

If only they'd make a real beta status for their games, with high quality beta testers in it.

But as long as the system randomly selects you for beta testing and also as long as nobody writes any news about updates for beta servers, then it's like not having beta servers at all.

Well, in some sense, we, as mods, are the bridge between users and developers. So we're the ones in charge of keeping communication with the users and inform the developers about users' reaction on the updates they implement.

CM: "How's everything going?"
    Mods: "Oh, yeah, super cool, users loved last update"

Those same users who allegedly loved last update: "What a bullshit update man"

I can empathize with the feeling of seeing most ideas and suggestions user gives took a long time to be implemented or aren't implemented at all. However, those answers, in some way disheartened, are better than not giving an answer at all or to promise your ideas and suggestions will surely be implemented only to not fulfill that promise.

The problem here is, Demonaire, that in fact, there's no answer at all, because the fact that only support team members are participating in those threads saying, "Added to the list", "Maybe", "This couldn't be done", it's just a bunch of words with no real weight on them because those support team members have no way to influence Bytro's decisions on what's the next step, specially if after adding it to the list, that is nice to gather all the ideas but doesn't have a way to see how good is an idea, it makes all the ideas equal, even if one of them it's the best(most amount of likes) and the next one is the worst(least amount of likes), you can't tell by just barely looking at the list. Also the fact that from the Support Teams there's no active pursue towards getting those suggestions reviewed by Bytro's game designer's or developers themselves and maybe even to try to add them in the game.

Something most Support Members forget some weeks/months after they joined the team is that, you don't work for Bytro, you work for the community. As a volunteer, anywhere you'd be, you are dedicated to the cause, towards the community. You care for the company, because is the one giving the support to the game and community you love, but don't forget, it's the community who you have to commend to.

After all, their work isn't to interact with players, but develop the game in the way they think better serves for Bytro and the community. Hence, Mods are here for that interaction, including the communication to them about players' concerns and worries.

I'm sorry but that's not Mods work, that's CM's work, because no one below CM's works at Bytro and therefore no one could talk to the developers/other employees or have internal conversations. If a CM needs 200 volunteers to know if an update has good or bad reviews or to interact with its community, the one he's supposed being paid for, then I'm sorry to say this but that CM isn't doing his/her job right.

The joke here is, you'll see developers, CM's and other employees be active in the forums of the games they are working in, you have plenty of examples, League of Legends, Fortnite, CS:GO, Starcraft, Europa Universalis and many many others, how comes that an INDIE company like Bytro can't do that, are they too busy to interact with its community or is it just the amount of interest in the game itself?

PS: Sometimes even support members don't interact with users. Just the idea of being a volunteer in a game you say you love and that you don't even interact with the community, simply insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• nemuritor98

that was exactly my idea for a new update - Mod's Update 2.1

- some mods love GMs and HQ more than work so my update idea would be to remove any payments from bytro side to volunteers. It was the same in ancient Athens were person coming to a position was supposed to pay everything from his/her pocket so realm was save from fraud.

- at the same time this will stop Gm users and regular users being harassed by mods and post-mods who have zilions of free Gms ready to spend

- another thing would be that 66% of greedy lazy mods will quit ( good, goo, as I have forseen ) and in most cases only people devoted to work will stay

- I will also say that mods should not play on servers they are taking care off from obvious reasons which are somehow avoided here. Unranked games- ok, but not the ranked ones. I believe every game I know has this rule.

- if mod needs GMs to organize something- he writes to CM: Hey boi, we gotta party going on, need some cabbage, can you help with that? OR SUp boss, we have this freakign RPU, 500 people playing but we need to set up some things with Gms- can you transfer 100 k silver GMs ot our organizer so he can set up thing properly?
    - and another requirement- you are mod in only one game so you have full attention to your space. Now I see one person in 4 games and I wonder what the hell? it is like worker in 4 factories.

- some people skills and communication skills would be also needed as dividing people into ones you like/ do not like while being part of customer service does not go well. same with talking to your CMs- if you are afraid to talk to Them I do not think you are right person for a job. Go one level down and someone more active should be responsible for communication with Cms. Now I do not know if it is really fault of CMs or Teams that communication is almost non-existant.

• The problems within the support team are complicated and I believe 2 things regarding this matter:

1- The conversation would need its own thread.

2- The users who haven't experienced being part of a support team don't know how things work inside. This doesn't mean they aren't allowed to speak and give their opinion but they don't have the info so they could just be a bit lost on where the things are at the moment.

So my suggestion would be that if you want to speak about this things, let's make a different thread and I'll try, hopefully with the help of other ex-members or even actual members, share some light to all those non-speakable matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• just saying that that kind of update would be more beneficial than removing trade between players

i worked in bytro voluntary team and I will never work there again

things are not complicated- they are not resolved, that is all

going further military production on export was very important part of income for USSR, USA and other great powers for centuries so I do not understand removing units trading. especially when your friend can GM spam you troops if you ask him nicely.

same goes to trade between neutrals. as I said even germany and UK traded during WW1

other things in that update are quite good but I would be more than happy to see removal of all trade restrictions. Free trade, free market, free people. Market will regulate itself somehow, someday