Today’s release brings our first major balancing update and a lot of bug fixes for Supremacy 1: The Great War.
Over the last couple of weeks we heavily tested Supremacy 1: The Great War and monitored closely how you guys play the game. While doing so we noticed several things we wanted to address.
We saw that the first few days of a game round felt pretty good and intense as there is a lot to do to get things going. While the early game was pretty much where we wanted it to be in terms of gameplay and excitement, we noticed that in the mid-game it loses speed and tension.
This is what we are addressing with today’s balancing changes. We want to adjust the pacing and progression of the game. We want that the feel of natural growth continues after the early game and provide a great gaming experience throughout the entire game round. At the same time we wanted to give high level units, super weapons and research strategy more meaning. We are confident that today’s update will bring Supremacy 1: The Great War a big step closer to this goal.
For details of how we want to achieve all that and what bugs we fixed see the complete list of changes below:
- Units become available earlier in the game.
- Day 6 units become available on day 5.
- Day 10 units become available on day 8.
- We increased the power of high level units.
- Second highest level ~+20%
- Highest level ~+50%
- We increased the costs of units by ~+20%.
- We adjusted and reduced the costs of buildings by ~-50%.
- We decreased the time costs of research tasks by a certain margin between 10% (early-game tasks) and 30% (late-game tasks).
- We reduced the distance limit to the capital and the morale factors.
- The maximum expansion factor is reached earlier.
- The maximum capital distance is reached earlier.
- We reduced morale penalties.
- The penalty for distance to the capital was reduced.
- The penalty for territorial expansion was reduced.
- We adjusted the pricing of unit health boosts. While boosting health of units that currently have a low level of health is rather cheap, costs increase with higher health levels of units.
- We adjusted the pricing of building speedups. Speeding up building levels 1-3 becomes cheaper, speeding up the construction of buildings level 4 and 5 becomes more expensive.
- We increased the attack range of units by 10-30%
- We reduced the vision range by -25%
- Converted balloons don't merge with unit stacks anymore.
- We resolved an issue that caused the tutorial to trigger again after it was completed already.
- We resolved an issue that prevented images to be displayed in the newspaper in articles for finished buildings.
- We resolved an issue that caused the wrong image to be displayed in the army bar of Armored Cars.
- We resolved an issue that caused the title of news articles on the game website being displayed incorrectly.
- We resolved an issue that caused units and buildings to temporarily disappear in the production menu when it was researched or built.
We hope you like the update and wish you best of luck on the battlefield.
Your Bytro Team