Today’s release brings some major changes to the AI behaviour, additional features, changes and bug fixes to Supremacy 1: The Great War. Let’s dive right in...
Responding to feedback from the community and our own analysis, we adjusted the behaviour of AI players to be slightly less aggressive. To achieve this we adjusted the way the popularity with the AI is affected by certain actions. The negative effect of unit production was decreased drastically, to give just one example. We also taught the AI that it is more beneficial to attack provinces on the front-line instead of trying to occupy provinces all over the place.
Another rather big change that you should be aware of is that the time when the day change occurs now varies between game rounds. This was done for performance reasons and to allow players of different time zones to join games that suit their online times best. So what changed? Game rounds now start at 0 hours the moment they are created. When a game gets created at 10:00 AM CEST the first day change will happen at 10:00 CEST the next day. If the game round is full and another new game round gets created at 10:45 AM CEST its first day change will happen at - you guessed it - 10:45 CEST the next day. You can always check the World Herald newspaper of a game round for when the next day change will happen.
Those were just some highlights of what we released today. Read through the complete list of features and bug fixes below:
- The negative effect of unit production on a player's popularity with the AI has been drastically decreased.
- When a player declares war on another player:
- Only the aggressor receives a popularity penalty with the AI depending on the victim's popularity with the AI. (Before, the defending player also received that penalty in certain cases.)
- We removed the popularity penalty for players who react to a war declaration by declaring war back.
- When war is declared against a player he receives a solidarity bonus at the same height as the penalty received for declaring war by the opposing player
- AI players preferably attack front-lines and undefended provinces. It may still use neutral provinces (roads) to attack a player’s core territory, though.
- We improved the production menu in a way that it automatically preselects the strongest available unit that the player can build in the selected province.
- When clicking on a province which does not meet any requirements to build units in it, the button in the province bar is now greyed out. The button is still clickable when greyed out.
- Game rounds now start at hour 0 when they get created. This means that day changes in a game round always happen in 24h intervals from the moment the game is created.
- We reworked ingame tooltips to make them more attractive and consistent. Some tooltips also include additional information.
- When a game is finished due to a timeout, the player or coalition closest to reaching victory on the map will win. Prior to this update only single players could win a round after a timeout.
- We switched the tutorial to be hosted on the Europe map instead of the Flanders Front map.
- We rearranged the settings menu to make it easier to navigate. Players now find two tabs when opening the settings: one tab for game settings and one tab for account settings.
- Clicking on the player status icon (human player, inactive, AI) in the province bar now opens the in-game profile of that player.
- Clicking on the national flag in the province bar or army panel now opens the diplomacy screen and selects that nation.
- We planted additional trees next to roads to improve your units’ travel experience.
- We removed the unit and fog of war toggles and added bug reporting to the settings pop up.
- We resolved an issue that caused the wrong amount of Gold to be displayed for increasing hitpoints of a mixed stack of units.
- We fixed an issue that prevented players from buying small amounts of resources with Gold when they lacked some for building units and buildings.
- We resolved an issue that prevented players from closing a pop-up after a payment was finalized.
- We resolved an issue that could cause players getting stuck in the tutorial.
- We resolved some issues with the Polish localization of units and buildings.
- We fixed a bug that could cause units to be displayed incompletely and with an inaccurate position.
- We resolved a bug in the country selection screen that could cause long loading times for the map preview.
We hope you like the update and wish you best of luck on the battlefield.
Your Bytro Team