Simple map is needed when two players can meet in something that can be compared to multiplayer battle from other strategies in a market.
it is more about testing military prowess than activity in night. So simple rule of instant production of troops would ne needed. As I see it:
1.We chose one of existing maps like lets say Mexico/ Western Front
2. we have option to have password
3. we have option to play with or without GMs ( other option could be related to having HQ or paying 5 000 GMs fee).
4. Then you decide number of $ you will be able to spend in this map. Lets say 10 M $ in this map ( 10 000k $). / We can equally allow to decide number of $ and resources available in that map.
5. Then you have separate screen when you decide what kind of troops you will be able to buy for that instantly before game starts..
6. Not sure if we can make it work but we can try to set up map screen where you buy and place airfields, factories, forts , railroads , ports and so on
7. When both players press finish pre-set stage they arrange when to start the map by pressing and unpressing ready button. / equally you can add some kind of calendar to set up a date but it could be to much complication.
8. When they start map troops appear in 1-3 locations behind main frontline and the battle starts.
9. stats are not counted as this is challenge map and units are instant made. both participants should be treated as regular AI one to each other
hopefully quick game
generating income for entry tickets
should not last longer than couple of days
low server costs