Combat random

• It would be interesting to know how much random can influence the battle and some more facts.

I`m speaking about simple fight with no use of tactics in a field or nearby the city with no forts. The last battle where Random took place was 17inf+1car(Army A) vs 10 inf(Army B). Army A was standing in the field when it was suddenly attacked by B. The morale was about 70%, mobilizaton - about 90 or 100 both. After the fight A lost 12inf+1car, B lost 10 inf. The questions are:

1) Does defensive damage of cars somehow affect the battle in a field(not city) or attacking damage is used only?

2) How many melee troops should be sent to attack or defence sth to get fewer losses in result? (in the field and with equal conditions)

3) Does a city with no forts affects the battle of infantry?

• 1. Cars always have defensive bonus when they are defending. But even when they fight a battle ( both armies attack each other) you will have army A attacking army B and at the same time army B attacking army A. So in this case car will attack A and in the second fight defend against A. Same with cavs.

2. no answer to that. As I saw 2 inf defending against my 500 infs and 50 cavs and loosing only 1 inf while killing one of my infs... But it is often that big armies deal 0 dmg to much smaller enemies.

3. Fort has cover area of 3 km. Everything in this area get a bonus as long as it is defending . Attacking removes that bonus as it would be possible for garrison to attack enemy troops and get 95% less casualties.. So you have to be stationary. But all buildings in that province influence defender as both buildings and morale of province get hit from enemy dmg... Even if it is you who is attacking and enemy simply responds to your attack with defensive values- buildings can ne destroyed.

if you analyze that you will find a way to reduce your dmg from enemy by around 33% .

• 3. Fort has cover area of 3 km. Everything in this area get a bonus as long as it is defending . Attacking removes that bonus as it would be possible for garrison to attack enemy troops and get 95% less casualties.. So you have to be stationary. But all building in province influence defender as both buildings and morale of province get hit from enemy dmg... Even if it is you who is attacking and enemy simply responds to your attack with defensive values- buildings can ne destroyed.

But what`s about an influence of a city with no fort on defending infantry? Will units have more/less damage if located not in the city but in a field? Only infantry is regarded, no cars or cav.
    And one more question:

As far as i`ve understood, the only reason for losing more units in the described fight is random isn`t it?

• So you have to be stationary. But all buildings in that province influence defender as both buildings and morale of province get hit from enemy dmg... Even if it is you who is attacking and enemy simply responds to your attack with defensive values- buildings can ne destroyed.

if you analyze that you will find a way to reduce your dmg from enemy by around 33% .

everything in the province gets hit during the fight- no matter where you stand

difference in att dmg applied and def dmg is important. so smaller stacks but full of different units will have different dmg. Zou have at least 4 articles describing dmg and limits of dmg for units.