Know you enemy: Donut Coalitions

• This is strategy that many are using. If you see it - please warn people.

So basically what you do is you surround yourself with allies. Like a donut. Let them fight while you clean easy targets and bots. If ally dies- you take his provs FOR A CAUSE. Often they also ask for resources as they are the biggest, the strongest, with best chances to avenge you ( which rarely happens). They are the strongest cause they do not participate in wars and use that army as a leverage to swap sides in case their original coalition is losing badly.

But if miraculously donut survives there is a dilemma for a guy creating it. How to get rid of others without a fight. Either you send them onto expedition across the sea or throw them into war where they die. IN our case - there is nothing like that happening as I warned guys this could happen and to keep 50% of armies home. AS you see some donut fillings lose nerves and leave coalition deciding to go all out and take their chances of winning map using their own coalition as a chow-chow. But as i said - this is risky this is why they leave behind 1-2 people whom they offer provinces and 2nd.3rd places ....

Some people believe in that like Arrowhead and make a deal. Most of them will never see end of map. But it is in a good tone to leave at least 1 person from a donut alive so this person prize you as an excellent leader and commander helping people win a map. Good PR and all this stuff about other to make it till the end because it was very hard fight till the last day.

All to all you have classical example of a donut. I really hope it will backfire on the creator of it.

You have my advices how to defeat it, not lets get to fight.

• How to defend:

1. leave the coalition as there is spy left to look at your armies . The sooner - the better

2 main point of attack is to destroy your forces so divide into tiny armies and run around big stacks to hit heartland and burn provinces

2. exchange spy reports

3. maps only to people you trust

4. If the attacker is doing plane rush prepare couple of planes, do not stand in big stacks, use small melee stacks . use splitting strategy to avoid her planes( read forum)

5. if you see enemy main - stack disperse and go around

6. and ofc avoid battles we do not want to play to attacker strong sides

7. make sure enemy does not get any capitals so kill bot capitals around and better offer your capital to someone in trade than give it to attacker. Opponent will go down because of the morale issues and low resource production

donut betrayal strategy is easy to destroy so lets get to work

just stick to hints and enemy will be defeated in 2 days

so lets do it boys

go go go

• Golden Buddha

Changed the title of the thread from “Know you enemey: Donut Coalitions” to “Know you enemy: Donut Coalitions”.
  • very useful. I joined a donut coalition however because I was the strongest country in the coalition I was the only one who didn't get booted & replaced in the second last day after weeks of hard work contributed by the whole group. It's a very sad thing to see happen as friendships are developed and destroyed in days.

Alliance: March of the Wolves
    Role: Officer

Wins:

Gold Rush (500p): 1 (coalition)
    World in Flames (100p): 1 (coalition)
    Team up (100p): 1
    Supremacy 1914 (31p): 1 (coalition)
    [Tutorial] The Great War (31p) 1 (coalition)