Trading within coalition - "virtual coalition stock market"

• Enable members of a coalition to place offers/orders for resources that any other coalition member can accept.

So you do not trade with them directly but anyone in the coalition who has the requested resources or need your resources that you offer, can send/ receive the goods. Nowadays you need to ask your members who has what you need any place that trade invidually. It would be more easy for the whole coalition to balance their surplus and shortage between members.

• Could also return to 'Old Glory' days of no coalitions and players had to use diplomacy and actual communication skills to win maps, now it seems players love coalitions and many new players enter these coalitions on day 1 , go inactive on day 3-5 , and then the veteran player remaining which has RoW with these AFK former allies starts Harvesting them with his RoW priviledge to sack capitals as he needs a morale boost.

Perhaps Leader of coalition should manage the members resources like you would do in an alliance battle map....

I can think of 20 other things which Bytro could better spend resources on IMO

Thanks for Suggestion

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• Could also return to 'Old Glory' days of no coalitions and players had to use diplomacy and actual communication skills to win maps, now it seems players love coalitions and many new players enter these coalitions on day 1 , go inactive on day 3-5 , and then the veteran player remaining which has RoW with these AFK former allies starts Harvesting them with his RoW priviledge to sack capitals as he needs a morale boost.

That's a whole other topic and a problem which exists but has nothing to do with my proposal.

Perhaps Leader of coalition should manage the members resources like you would do in an alliance battle map....

I can think of 20 other things which Bytro could better spend resources on IMO

Thanks for Suggestion

Everything worked better back in the good alliance battles. But within the loose coalitions nowadays such a centrally managed resource exchange by a member of the coalition does not work as people do not trust each other enough. Also you must be lucky to find someone who can be online basically all the time to keep everyones needs satisfied. Again, this worked in alliance maps, but this won't today.

I could also think of several other things for Bytro but this is one important thing.

• how about coalitions work in a pyramid, weak players hitch on to a leader, who then can have a close coalition of a few members?

imo this would be realistic and fun.

.. and also i like the internal stock market, as i would for sure use it, but then also i don't think it's entirely necessary

• I agree an internal stock market would be an asset, but I doubt Bytro will use resources and Game Coders for this purpose...as same trust issues would continue and back stabbers would join coalitions for purposes of learning about that coalitions resources...

In my opinion we already have a pyramid system, where the new inexperienced players must rely upon the more experienced players in the coalition to devise coalition plans and to monitor that members of the coalition stay on schedule and task of the established plans....

I also notice that it is the NOOB players that seek out a coalition to join on day 1-2 of a map, where experienced players do not seek coalition members especially on their borders, because the experienced players are aware of the need for expansion and think past the first few days of inf fighting, ultimately the successful coalitions in maps consist of a mix of experienced players with 1-2 newbie members which follow lead and wisdom of the more experienced members....

• thanks for your replies.

while i agree with what you guys say about the coalition and how we observe different players with different experience levels joining coals for different purposes, i like to ask you to get back to the initial idea and think for it again for a minute.

i know this from a browser game that i played back in the early 2000's which was settled in a fictive galaxy. when alliances had to manage all the resources that their planets did produce, they were having a external tool where members did exactly what i brought up as an idea here. the difference was, they just selected in the tool what upgrades/buildings they wanted to have next which represented a certain amount of resources. members could take those requests and fullfil them completely or partly by accepting them and deliver resources to the players planet. with that, everybody had a perfect view on the alliance's resources and the needs and what was possible for the success of the alliance.

so if we adapt this to SP1914, a internal stock market would serve similar purpose. you do not need the option to make the request for 'lvl 4 fab in Berlin' but you can just say 'me, player cZw0 wants 2,5k iron'. who ever is having that can accept and deliver.

i am uncertain of the effort such coding would be, but i guess, you can 'simply' close the market function and restrict it to 'if _player_is_in_coalition(); then _market_display(); fi;' :P

But surely i get the point.

Just one thought on backstabbing and misuse of coalition functions. this will always happen not matter what function you have in a coalition or in the game as such. it's about trust. if there is someone you don't trust, do not share map or be in coalition with him/her.

• but its another interface, with its own digits and datas.. i'm sure it would have more weight.

if the difference is worth it i don't know.

maybe I'm being stubborn, however i believe coalition chat trade offers would be easier, and more likely used compared to a new window for a new stock-market.

perhaps it could result in more support tickets from players not understanding the difference;

OR WORSE!

they don't report it and give up on the "broken' game. :/:/:/

• Honestly, for both points you mention, I don't think I can agree.

• In my opinion we already have a pyramid system, where the new inexperienced players must rely upon the more experienced players in the coalition to devise coalition plans and to monitor that members of the coalition stay on schedule and task of the established plans....

I just wanted to come back to that and state one thing more clearly. The interal stock market would only be a more efficient tool to transfer ressources within a coalition but it will not be the solution for how the processes should function within a coalition and it would also not be a tool that rises trustworthiness of players.

If the inexperienced players do not understand the benefit of ressource sharing then there is no downside for them if the game offers this stock market to the ones that do.

Just a "private stock market".

• If the coal chat is used heavily, then you quickly have those offers/request out of sight.

that's why i tend to ally only with people who use discord, where we can create categories for stuff like bargains and disputes ;)

I'm so done with scrolling, and copy pasting stuff to everyone just to have replaced with ai 3 days... <X<X

• Have you guys ever bought resources from a player that had you trade embargo'd?

I have and you have to open all trades to see it happen, someone can have 20,000 units grain for sale at 6.7 per unit, under trade embargo all trades it appears like this > 20,000, next offer on the stock market is 5,000 grain for sale at 7.8 per unit... as you buy at 7.8 (you really only pay 6.7 or 7 as it is rounded up) , under the all trades you see the 20.000 at 6.7 drop down to 15,000 at 6.7, then to 10,000 at 6.7 and then to 5.000 at 6.7 before you actually pay the premium price of 7.8 for the 5,000 you were initially buying...

I personally only trust players I am familiar with from playing maps with or if they are familiar with one of my close friends or alliance mates , if I do not know you and you are near to me in a map, I probably will kill you, diplomacy is over rated IMO

For those I am willing to fight with I am also willing to share my resources with,;and if we fighting together I am usually giving and expecting resources ie. 5,000 OIL for Share maps, visca- versa... easy way to get me to killyou is to show me you are greedy and have no method to the madness other than to stockpile resources... I also think early / mid map all factories should be constantly producing mechanical units...just me

• Hastings, that first part sounds like a bad bug.

Second, though I appreciate your opinion about trust and coalitions and diplomacy as such, please detach that all from my proposal. I said it couple of times - I do not want to solve any of those "problems" with my proposal of a virtual stock market, I said it would be one effectiv tool to make a coalitio with players that want it, to be stronger and quicker in upgrading and developing structures and deploying units.

Again, please don't discuss about how people behave in that game. That's driving this topic in a direction where the proposal is not pointing to.

Thanks for your time reading.