• I thought of a feature i would love to see.

...And as always im relating it to consistent map population bare with me:

So if instead of having a tutorial island that have a tendency to become Ai dominated..

(enforcing the idea in new players that they dont have to finish their games)

.. perhaps players are opted to play a nation TOGETHER with a pro player who is then rewarded goldmarks based on the beginners rating based on his helpfulness, friendliness, and consistency.
    (imo these are better stats than KD but i digress,)

I think the benefits are self explanatory, and it would clear up the help chat: as the *pro* player, or *instructor* will have the time to explain to this beginner player all the small mechanics you really can't ask untill its to late.
    ----possibly with a Pro---Rookie chat, where they can not only type but also draw simple diagrams on a notepad and map

This may however lead to lots of *hilarious* trolling so i strongly advice that the *pro* player has the ability to somehow *snooze* or even *kick* the beginner from game.

wouldnt this be nice, no need to stay up all night waiting for a feint attack :|

EDIT; im realizing this would be unfair for people with less friends, so i want to ammend this that its only possible in tutorial island.
    EDIT2: took away obvious hyperbole, thank your furry1. Good call.

• Firstly, not EVERYONE quits the tutorial map. The incentive to stay and win and get additional Goldmark for the win is already established. In fact, I don't know a lot of people who are still around that did NOT finish their tutorial maps when they started. Reality is if they don't bother finishing it, they normally move on and although their account is still listed in Bytro, we never see them again.

As for players training under a more experienced player, that is why we have alliances. Kingsman for example makes a big issue of taking junior players and teaching them advanced tactics in playing the game. In fact, going into a game with one of our more junior players and look forward to training him a little to improve the game for him.

• eeh, actually we could use discord.

Firstly, not EVERYONE quits the tutorial map. The incentive to stay and win and get additional Goldmark for the win is already established. In fact, I don't know a lot of people who are still around that did NOT finish their tutorial maps when they started. Reality is if they don't bother finishing it, they normally move on and although their account is still listed in Bytro, we never see them again.

As for players training under a more experienced player, that is why we have alliances. Kingsman for example makes a big issue of taking junior players and teaching them advanced tactics in playing the game. In fact, going into a game with one of our more junior players and look forward to training him a little to improve the game for him

first of all, imm gonna make sure my post doesnt say "everyone leaves tutorial island" but we all know its a problem.

Second-ly, i think having a commitment free game, where if the rookie leaves, it doesnt ruin tutorial island for other rookies will help create an enjoyable learning curve.

third: good instructors could be rewarded, thus promoting strong rolemodels for rookies to follow.

EDIT: no edit, i want to stress the point of commitmentless tutorials to reduce unrealistic learning curves.

• Excuse me, what exactly is an unfair learning curve? Also, please explain to me why I would want to volunteer playing a game that can take more than a month to play to train someone I don't even know?

Exactly!!!! I survived the "unfair learning curve" and I am doing just fine. How is figuring out how to fight AI's an "unfair learning curve"? That is like me always wanting my enemy player to roll over and play dead when I attack them....

• i meant that its a frustrating learning curve sometimes .

in my experience i would spend time and invest in a game, then get exited because i didnt understand morale or damage efficientcy or something else that could easily be explained on the go. Specially frustrating when i didntget a chance to play any other rookie in tutorial island, and then i face someone who knows the split stack against bombers tactic. before i understand that double yield provinces produce infantry twice as fast,:rolleyes::sleeping:

Further on the same point, many times a player doesn't even understand what to ask making it very difficult for them to learn something like
    "ye just hover your mouse over the morale of a province and you can see revolt risk as well as morale development."
    i reported several of these as bugs and legit upset haha, dont judge.<X

It seems like several player would be willing to go back to tutorial island in order to get their K-D up,
    and if the *instructor* does a good job, he could farm goldmarks, without micro:?:
    I would do this, not mainly, but i have so much useless knowledge about this game i wouldn't mind sharing. knowing that its one less lost soul in the help chat asking if anyone in their map wants to buy coal or something hilarious like that

TLDR,
    it wouldnt be that big a deal because the point of the *instructor* is not to play the game, but to get a good rating (my suggestion:) for easy goldmarks,
    i suggested rookies rate their instructors on some criteria, including "lets me play and experiment" and "concice explanations" "friendliness"

Instructor could be some arbitrary medal for the player to feel good about. And im not being cute, i love arbitrary medals to feel good about:saint:
    :):)

• Exactly!!!! I survived the "unfair learning curve" and I am doing just fine. How is figuring out how to fight AI's an "unfair learning curve"? That is like me always wanting my enemy player to roll over and play dead when I attack them....

that the thing m8.

You didnt "play" the learning curve, you "survived" it.8o

[EDIT:
    i understand the appeal, but pitting you against me as a beginner would not be fun or exciting for anyone, or even considered a learning curve]

im just worried about the lack of consistent server population sometimes.
    i ve posted several other suggestions, but nothing is going to fix anything entirely.

Edit; ive never seen a username in an alliance. someone said alliance are good for learning, but i dont think anyone uses them this way.
    this is obvious to me because i didnt use it that way, and havent discussed with anyone who has,
    i am often wrong tho:/

• Further note,

I discussed this with other players and a common opinion is
    "We don't want to teach them stuf because then we won't win as much"

And i understand that this is a joke, but in some cases it isn't, this game has guarded secrets apparently and i think that is the opposite of being a "good sport" :cursing:

• I would do this, not mainly, but i have so much useless knowledge about this game i wouldn't mind sharing. knowing that its one less lost soul in the help chat asking if anyone in their map wants to buy coal or something hilarious like that

Instructor could be some arbitrary medal for the player to feel good about. And im not being cute, i love arbitrary medals to feel good about:saint:
    :):)

If you have so much "useless knowledge" about this game, open up a thread in the forums that is titled "Useless Knowledge" and teach people that way. Then in the global or help chats, keep telling people that you have a thread with information to help them.

And medals, Bytro doesn't care about medals anymore because they took away the notification letting us know when we get new ones. Having an "instructor medal" seems like an excuse to pat you on the head and tell you "good boy"