Chaters cases

• Cases related to wolfpacking, sitters, multi accounting, kamikazze attacks, account-pushing, capital farming

all those cases were solved by a team and I was given information about the outcome: guilty or not. On that base I was able to determine how to behave next time I see similar behavior or same accounts.

I was also able to decide if I was able to receive back GMs lost because of the cheaters.

Form several mods I am receiving information which for me sounds like closing a ticket without even looking into it:

"Due to data protection regulations I won’t be able to inform you of the outcome of our investigation. "

How data protection acts works out for anonymous online logins? tbh I would very much like to know what is the outcome as if it was team fault that I was overrun bu cheaters I would like my GMs back. I am 99% I should be given my GMs back but still it is team who will be making decision about cheaters.

I do not enjoy playing games in which honest, regular players are destroyed every single time due to lack of reaction from anyone responsible for protecting me. Even less i enjoy paying for it. I believe it would be very good practice to say how investigations related to cheaters ended for the good of community.

Most of games have hing called: Pillory where most notorious and offensive cheaters are listed for the benefit of the whole community

In the end which part of data protection act protects me from learning if cheaters were punished or if I have been greatly mistaken to accuse honest player. This way I will have chance to say sorry to him and not live with assumptions for the next 10 eyars.

thank you

GB

• Form several mods I am receiving information which for me sounds like closing a ticket without even looking into it:

"Due to data protection regulations I won’t be able to inform you of the outcome of our investigation.

That got introduced when I was still Smod, and trust me most of the team members find this a horrible reply. Yet bytro demanded us to send this reply regardless of the actions we take.

As such as I've always been against bytro's approach on this, as it just indeed sounds like the team isn't doing a thing, I agree with you on the fact that the outcome of your ticket should be shared. If I report somebody I ought to know wether or not he got banned. Arguments I used when I was still Smod is that in games you still see in the newspaper wether or not a user was banned or not. And indeed if he was given a warning I'd like to know as then I know my report was valid and that if he does it again he has been sanctioned and as such will be removed.

From a customer service point of view Bytro (not the crew) made the wrong call and a fake call as that entire thing doesn't fall under data protection as far as I know (as stated if we ban you can notice a user was banned regardless of the mail we send you). If we remove his messages and newspaper articles you can notice in the newspaper, etc. As such, and I also told Bytro officials that when I was Smod, I think bytro just takes the easy road here not the customer service road.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• there is one server that has issues as noone wants to work there

bytro has send there english mods who, from what I understand, do not solve tickets

is it a normal way how we treat customers nowdays when it comes to reporting insults on chat, blacklisting, wolfpacking , account-pushing and begin attacked by multiaccoutns

if bytro cannot protect me from such rule's offenders I demand to know what I can do to defend myself

• I am not a lawyer nor do I live in the countries that have adopted the EU data protection act. Germany being one of the nations having the law, Bytro has to obey to those laws. I will try my best to state what i'm going to explain.

There are curtain steps in the laws that we can not point out users. To avoid violating the laws its just best to not point out users and giving out what might be seen as "personal data". Is it right, that's debatable. It makes our job harder as we can not give out our reasons to the users or even clarify to the reporter of which report was handled. The term "cheaters" is perspective based. Because lot of people say using GMs is cheating which is not because is a game feature. If players fallow the rules than no action can be taken. We have to protect those that fallow the rules but also protect those that "cheat" because of Laws and even rules themselves.

When we used to give answers, we get a mix responses, quite a bit is that the player is convinced that the person they are accusing is violated the rules even if Staff rules that they are not violating any rule. This tends to to lead to many paths.

Overall I understand the frustration when it comes to the responses that we give.

Concerning

"is it a normal way how we treat customers nowdays when it comes to reporting insults on chat, blacklisting, wolfpacking , account-pushing and begin attacked by multiaccoutns"

Even though we do not give out the actions made in responses, this does not make much of a difference when before giving out our actions in responses. Why is that? Its mainly because if you are in a game you are able to tell the difference when we take action as its a notable change.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change. -Charles Darwin

• What about when the player admits to multi-ing through a bragging personal message and then tells the Mods that the multi account belongs to their "wife"? This happened to me in my most recent game. I know what the player told the mods because the mod accidentally forwarded two of their responses to me.

I understand the data protection laws and we had to deal with Germany's pre-EU data laws when I was a GO but letting a player know that another anonymous player was cheating is not a violation. The Daily European used to have simple reports like "Player X was removed from the game" which covered everything.

I agree with the OP regarding the problems with cheating. Using GM is obviously not, but if a player is obviously multi-ing, admits it, and is then allowed to stay in the game even though the evidence is readily apparent through a quick look through my messages in-game how does that make it fair to the rest of us? Not to mention the loss some players might have who have paid for the GM only to have someone screw them over with a multi account.

• That is my main issues: if I loose my real time and real money because of a cheaters, and sometimes goes for many players we want straight answer how the case finished or at least when it finished. it is simple like that. Now I have 15 responses from a guy who is not even from supremacy, he does not understand my language, he has sent me same copy paste I have seen from months. When i asked more details in case - how I can protect myself from that wolfpack of 8 I got no answer. And it is already 3rd week when they attack me!

he was not even interested in seeing screenshots, or going into a case this is why I am more than sure he closed tickets without even looking into them and this is outrageous. That guy from a team is getting HQ and Gms worth something around hundred dollars for work in a team. For that I would expect him to do my tickets or his superior to hire more people if they cannot cope with number of tickets.

• What about when the player admits to multi-ing through a bragging personal message and then tells the Mods that the multi account belongs to their "wife"? This happened to me in my most recent game. I know what the player told the mods because the mod accidentally forwarded two of their responses to me.

I understand the data protection laws and we had to deal with Germany's pre-EU data laws when I was a GO but letting a player know that another anonymous player was cheating is not a violation. The Daily European used to have simple reports like "Player X was removed from the game" which covered everything.

I agree with the OP regarding the problems with cheating. Using GM is obviously not, but if a player is obviously multi-ing, admits it, and is then allowed to stay in the game even though the evidence is readily apparent through a quick look through my messages in-game how does that make it fair to the rest of us? Not to mention the loss some players might have who have paid for the GM only to have someone screw them over with a multi account.

Due to being pointed out as a "cheater" (if they are were or were not true) it does hurt their reputation and it is thus protected under Law and game rules. Reason why is that other players will not trust the so called "cheater" and players might try to seek to punish them.

For the mutli account part, each situation is different which is why we gather evidence. When a player admits, we have to confirm that they are a multi as they could be bluffing or trolling. But seeing that you were once a GO you should understand how difficult it is when dealing with muli accounts and confirming if its the same person.

Everyone is affected by multis But as I have stated some players will consider our insights as false making things even more complicated.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change. -Charles Darwin

• How to regain GMs or how to appeal from moderators decision if you are given copy+paste answer?

How do I know case was finished, I mean when it was finished or how it finished?

I believe I will have to spam you with appeals every weak just in case you finished the case and just in case you decided user was not punished. is it right? That is a lot of assumptions and additional tickets. Is there another way to solve it as it makes no sense to me what you have created last year with those copy-paste answers. May I ask whose idea was this?

\

just for comparison for new players - bytro limited days when you can join maps 2 years ago in 2018. So it limits team's work on maps to max 14 days per map to monitor main stream of cheaters. Before - you were able to see multis and wolfpacking even on day 600 of the map and GOs had to stay vigilant all the time on every single map.

There is also much less players than in 2013-2016. So even less work for team guys.

Now we have copy-paste answers which takes 5 seconds to do the ticket.... almost no work. It saves a lot of time comparing to hand written answers which actually were checking a case.

May I ask how, despite doing I guess 10 times less work that older teams were doi , I am still protected worse than in the past? why when 4 guys join map in the last possible day, they spawn next to me and their 4 other friends and destroy me completely with Gms attacks and GMs army noone reacts from bytro for 3 weeks and in the end I get copy-paste answer. Why they are allowed to join my other maps and continue to destroy me with GMs on every single 500 map I joined which is clear wolfpacking but using GMs. That is just one example where copy-paste answers lead me and I beli4ve I will have to erase account to play normally on a new one. is this the only solution I have Bytro?

• You are correct, it is difficult to determine based solely on an accusation. But if the player admits to it and then the investigation determines that multiple accounts did in fact stem from the same location it seems that the accused saying “oh yeah, that is my wife’s account” would be insufficient since it is corroborated by the player admitting it to someone else in the game directly.

Without the admission of guilt, such instances are, as you say, difficult to determine. With an admission of guilt, it is difficult to see how such an instance could be any more clear cut. Especially since it was determined that they were from the same location and therefore clearly not bluffing or trolling.

But that is just my opinion on it.

• Now we have copy-paste answers which takes 5 seconds to do the ticket.... almost no work. It saves a lot of time comparing to hand written answers which actually were checking a case.

The main part of resolving tickets is not writing that reply. It's getting all information gathered. when you get the default reply mail that is when they handled your ticket they do thatthe exact same way they did before only difference they are no longer allowed to inform you. It's not the Mod crew that asked for this but bytro so if you want to complain about it I'd suggest going higher up the chain of command to the people that actually take those shots.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• problem is cheaters were not punished and are harassing me 3rd week

so it that mod decided they are not guilty I would like to appeal because this is clearly wrong decision

but I cannot as I do not know if case was closed or not

and what was the outcome

probably instead of appealing from something noone knows how ended up - it would be better to report once more wolfpack and hope for another mod to look in that case. double work for mods but somehow I do not see other way in bytro system.

if I do not want that particular GO to solve my cases in the future can I state it somewhere? It is a waste of time for me, him and bytro if he is doing what he is doing the way he is doing it. TBh it is more than 10+ times he was completely unhelpful and some of his decisions are hurting not only me but whole community in the future perspective.

• If you believe a GO takes the wrong decisions you can move it up to the SGO who is the second line. They can take a look at already closed cases and review whether or not they agree with the decision taken by the GO, This is what the team has Senior and eventually Main Administrator functions

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• well I cannot because I do not know result of the case tbh. I do not know if it was closed or not.

are you sure that if they copy-paste big nothing it means end of case? it is first time I heard it means end of case.

thanks

Szymon

• the game operators send replies as last thing they do (or at least I did) which is also why I keep saying the "privacy laws" reply way is just some cheap reply bytro wants the team to give. As you can literally see if an action was taken in the map prioor to the message they send you (newspaper articles disappearing, users going AI, ...) SO you can see what th eoutcome of the investigation was, they just can't tell you. That is bytro's way to cheapen up the support process and maybe it is their attempt to discourage users from going upstream but that I wouldn' tknow

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• sounds like it

ehh well then there is more work for bytro to do if the allow clear abuser to slip

begun the cheater wars has

one piece of advise I can give is: if you are suspecting cheater- never ever use gms or fight him. you will never get your army back.

Simply lose a country waiting for response from a team. Then try to rebuild with an army somewhere else ,hoping for the best. It is better than loosing army country and stats.

• I agree that cheating is a matter of perspective, in the case of GM's, there is a rule book though. I am Canadian and a big hockey fan, the rules are cut and dry and in black and white, however, some players still get away with things due to how the referees handle different offenses through out the game. A solution to this problem would be to handle every offense the same way. If a person is accused of breaking the rules, and found guilty, then game suspensions and eventual removal from the game entirely should be enforced on that player.

As for weather the accuser should be informed of the decision, well, I think that a simple message to the accuser informing them that he player has been found guilty or not guilty of the offense. Short and to the point answer, more or less a yes or no answer. Nothing else needs to be said to the accuser.

Refund in GM? Now that's a big stretch. That was your choice to try to fight them with GM so I don't really think you have a case there, that's kind of a live and learn lesson there. After all you are playing with people from all around the world.

Wolfpacking, I don't really understand the rule. I think I have been wolfpacked several times and I usually come out on top. However, I do use GM's, as well, when I see more than 2 countries challenging me. I don't think that, early on in the game, there is a "strategy" that will work to fend off 3, 4 or even 5 countries without using GM's. I do know, from my experience, that the better a service record gets the more likely you are to get wolfpacked, however, the way I see it is this is good strategy on their part. Would you not want to take out the good players before they get too strong? I find it another challenge in the game that I have to overcome.

That's my 2 bits!

• , however, some players still get away with things due to how the referees handle different offenses through out the game. A solution to this problem would be to handle every offense the same way

Agreed inthe moderation crew you despite the same training see people handle differently. ifsomebody really steps out of th eguidelines they can be repremended by their superior (usually a senior crew member) that is the main reason we have a hierarchy in the crew.

As for weather the accuser should be informed of the decision, well, I think that a simple message to the accuser informing them that he player has been found guilty or not guilty of the offense. Short and to the point answer, more or less a yes or no answer. Nothing else needs to be said to the accuser.

I 100% agree with this

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator