Demolish Buildings

• How about allowing players to demolish building and getting back a fraction of the resource used to built it? This would allow for a scorch-earth policy when retreating. Will also allow the rebuilding to harbors at a different position in the same province.

• I would love to see this added! Its so annoying when I take a province that I can't remove buildings that I don't want there anymore. Its good that you can disable them but when it comes to buildings like harbours I'd rather just remove them so I can put them elsewhere in that province or just regain some of the resources from building it to use elsewhere.

• As long as it takes some time and is not reversible. Should be nice. That is to make it 2 stage process.(First stage is 50%. Disable production and cost. Can still be repaired back to 100% by paying full cost, but only 33% of time. Second stage is complete demolition).

• As long as it takes some time and is not reversible. Should be nice. That is to make it 2 stage process.(First stage is 50%. Disable production and cost. Can still be repaired back to 100% by paying full cost, but only 33% of time. Second stage is complete demolition).

By irreversible do you mean once its demolished you can never rebuild it again in that province?

• As U0L said.

Idea is that once you start with demolitions, there should be no way of going back. That is to prevent ppl from demolish scam(You are being attacked, start blowing up all buildings, but you defend so you decide to stop that process).

One extra thing: There should not be way to use GM to speed up this process.

• I'll be the Devil's advocate here. Scorched Earth wasn't really practised in WWI. In WWII it was, particularly on the Eastern Front and that is replicated in the COW game but similarly to Blitzkrieg, neither were invented in WWI. Movement forwards and backwards in WWI was usually very slow. No lightning advances. No scorched earth. Most of the time, admittedly, there was little left in the way of infrastructure aside from trenches (it was pretty difficult to destroy them completely) but this was more due to the attacking forces' heavy usage of artillery prior to advance, not due to the defenders' Scorched Earth policy (non-existant).

Why replicate something that wasn't in existence then?