battleship names pointless

• It's kind of a fun mechanic to be able to name your battleships/railguns and then see them perform in the paper. Unfortunately other than the day they are built all the locations where the tiny bit of customization appear to have been removed from the game. It's clearly not a huge deal but game players rarely like having things taken away from them.

I do miss seeing the notices in the paper or when you review a fleet it used to tell you the names of the battleships in that fleet. IIRC even when a ship was sunk or when it killed another battleship I believe there used to be a notification. I can only assume that some players where abusing the names in a way that breaks the rules or was just too vulgar but effectively you're punishing the group for the actions of the worst behaved. Why not just put a notice on the naming screen that offensive names will result in the ship being removed from the game or something along those lines. Harsh but effective and punishes only the offenders.

• Actually Psych, I was one of the first ones to report it, I think because it happened right after an "update". I was told that they'd be addressing it and correcting it. Unfortunately, it seems to have gotten onto the list with "Bringing back rank and achievement notifications", and "Replacing the Daily spin with something even better".

You know the list I'm talking about don't you? The NEVER NEVER list.

• I would say the game wanna to be real enough, so they have this feature, let players name the battleships and railguns.

Actually, it's not some bad thing. But if the player ruined it by naming bad names, then it is indeed annoying.

No sacrifice, No victory!

• I name them stuff like that Frank. "Howdy, how are ya?" Wanna make a campfire?" Things of that nature. Makes it fun in the paper when it comes out. Folks smile I suppose.

A half truth is merely a half lie.

• I name them stuff like that Frank. "Howdy, how are ya?" Wanna make a campfire?" Things of that nature. Makes it fun in the paper when it comes out. Folks smile I suppose.

Or putting a whole team of Railguns together just to spell out a sentence like, "Boom Boom In The Room"

I often use names that warn my future enemies of my intent "Hello America", "Europe or Bust", or sometimes if someone is being really annoying I'll just name them his country name directly. "Hejaz1", "Hejaz2" etc. In one game when I was Ireland and had captured all of UK but I had made a deal with Germany to split part of France with him but then he made another deal with Spain and Italy to push me out of France both Germany and Italy were upset when battleships started popping up with names like "remember Rennes" and "Rennes revenge".

i'm in a game now where my ally is named "the cat in the hat" and we have a doctor suess themed flag so we currently have battleships named "sam I am", "I am sam", "the grinch", "redfish", "bluefish", "thing1", "thing2", "the lorax", "whoville", "cindylouwho", "green eggs" and "ham"

• I actually did name my Battleships BOOM, or TNT when I build them, Is funny when players see them... I suppose it was removed as an option because the trolls would name BB's with sexual names, Fascist and Nazi glorification....typical troll things... however getting some new players to read newspaper is more difficult than getting them to read the Game Manual IMO, this is one of the minor things that has been changing...more important to me is why was the clock removed from bottom of the screen in Legacy mode... I am done complaining, so far I still love this game despite what Bytro does to it :)

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• It really is starting to get to the point where I'm scared when a new "update" is announced because at first I was joking when I said, "Great, what have they broken now?" It's like the only tool available seems to be a hammer and trying to do neurosurgery with only a hammer is a BAD idea.

• BB's can stillbe named (for now...) Bytro just defeaturized supremacy (as they often do) so they no longer show up in bombardement or even in the regular unit view as they should... Next Revamp consider Naming Units gone as that's how revamps work...

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• BB's can stillbe named (for now...) Bytro just defeaturized supremacy (as they often do) so they no longer show up in bombardement or even in the regular unit view as they should... Next Revamp consider Naming Units gone as that's how revamps work...

It's a poor choice unless there's a reason like the naming of units was putting unnecessary load on the database and if that's the case why not be transparent about it. We're carrying some weird legacy code for ammunition but can't afford a small text field on a unit type that's not built all that often.

• Am I the only one here who refers to the history when naming battleships and railguns?

I always name my first battleship "Yamato" (the biggest battleship ever built by Japan in WW2 - also my favourite), then naming the second one using American battleships or other nations.

8)

• Am I the only one here who refers to the history when naming battleships and railguns?

I always name my first battleship "Yamato" (the biggest battleship ever built by Japan in WW2 - also my favourite), then naming the second one using American battleships or other nations.

8)

Actually, you might be. I also like to put together what I call my "kitten fleet" Names like HMCS Kitten and HMCS Kitten Purr, HMCS Killer Kitten, etc. etc. BTW, you do realize IJN Yamato got sunk pretty quickly in WW II, right? And if you were going for historical accuracy, you could start naming them for BBs in WW I instead of WW II. Just sayin'.

• Actually, you might be. I also like to put together what I call my "kitten fleet" Names like HMCS Kitten and HMCS Kitten Purr, HMCS Killer Kitten, etc. etc. BTW, you do realize IJN Yamato got sunk pretty quickly in WW II, right? And if you were going for historical accuracy, you could start naming them for BBs in WW I instead of WW II. Just sayin'.

;)

• I like to name my "Your Mother", "DONALD TRUMP" , "Putin" - something you can relate too

or just SSD Eclipse, SSD Executor or just Death Star from SW

but there was another game where I was able to name every army and it was kinda cool- get a proper stack and give it a name. I would love to see here - like German Army, 2nd Russian Front or something