New Look discussion

• I thought it does

http://prntscr.com/lm0p4b

However I do only have 1 game I opened twice

I am opening the games from the games screen, I have to navigate back to the home page from the map using the arrow top right, open a new map and it replaces the previous map I had open. The navigation with the arrows only goes between the last opened map and the home screen. How did you get 2 open without starting new instances of the game in a new tab?

• I am opening the games from the games screen, I have to navigate back to the home page from the map using the arrow top right, open a new map and it replaces the previous map I had open. The navigation with the arrows only goes between the last opened map and the home screen. How did you get 2 open without starting new instances of the game in a new tab?

I used rightclick and then duplicate on my browser taps so I had the suprmeacy1914 site open twice

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• I used rightclick and then duplicate on my browser taps so I had the suprmeacy1914 site open twice

Ahhh yes, that's what I was talking about having multiple tabs open which really negates the whole single window idea. But that seems to be the only way to have more than one game open simultaneously which is preferable to waiting for games to reload over and over. Much easier if you can just click through them

• Regarding the tabs, i'd love if the game would open in a new tab instead of loading from the website, like the old did. I really don't like the back and forth idea from game to website and vice versa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• I find that I can do almost every easier in legacy than the new UI

Humans are habitual animals, it will take time to get used to the new interface. It's all a bit different

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• If I open tabs with legacy and the new ui It's easier to know where and what you're fighting with or against with legacy, I don't plan on getting used to having to click every army to see what it has in it.

Right now legacy exists later it will be removed which is why we need feedback. It is less clear what an army contains indeed

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• Right now legacy exists later it will be removed which is why we need feedback. It is less clear what an army contains indeed

that may kill they game most likely since a lot will retire from they game.The new mode far to many point that are not good, and legacy is all perfect,

Enforcer(Angel of Death)b78//+

• that may kill they game most likely since a lot will retire from they game.The new mode far to many point that are not good, and legacy is all perfect,

OK, I wasn't gonna enter in that field, but I think it's a good moment now...

Sorry, but I don't see perfection in a mode that, like Legacy, looks more like a big RISK board with more features (more truthful to the Napoleonic Wars) than a true representation of World War I, which is devs are looking for with the new map.

I'm totally for playability before aesthetics, and that's the commendable thing about Legacy, but since S1914 is a game about "The war to end all wars", it have no sense to prefer a mode that's completely far from that concept.

Greetings.

Demonaire
    ES. EN & PT Game Operator

Bytro Labs | Supremacy 1914

b78//+

All the things you need to play this game can be found here, here and here.

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

Have you problems with the game? Send a ticket.

• That's actually what I like about this game. It's very much like Risk Plus most games are won or lost through strategy and alliances and relatively few people pay to win.

There are LOTS of other games out there with more complex tech trees etc but this had it's own niche. I guess they'll move this game more towards Call of War. Personally I didn't like that game, although perhaps I should try it again, but if it's significant'y more popular than the current S1914 then of course it makes sense for the owners to move it in that direction.

At the end of the day it's about building a game with the widest appeal because at the end of the day it's a business.

• That's actually what I like about this game. It's very much like Risk Plus most games are won or lost through strategy and alliances and relatively few people pay to win.

There are LOTS of other games out there with more complex tech trees etc but this had it's own niche. I guess they'll move this game more towards Call of War. Personally I didn't like that game, although perhaps I should try it again, but if it's significant'y more popular than the current S1914 then of course it makes sense for the owners to move it in that direction.

At the end of the day it's about building a game with the widest appeal because at the end of the day it's a business.

The point of "most games are won or lost through strategy and alliances and relatively few people pay to win" remains unchanged in the "The Great War" design. The true difference here, until now, is that Legacy excellent playability is still not implemented in the new design.

But the criticism remains: design-wise, Legacy is a RISK-esque representation of Napoleonic Wars, and yes, everybody loves RISK, but S1914 wants to close to the WWI theme and, for that, designs like "TGW" are needed.

Demonaire

b78//+

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

• For me I really don't care what the game looks like, as long as they are fun to play. Supremacy in legacy mode is fun to play, the interface is easy to master so you can spend your time thinking about you tactics and they are then easy to implement due to the simplicity of the interface.

Compare this to the new look and the easy of play has been lost. I can't easily see where all my units are or what my army composition is, the arduous task of clicking on every single army to see what I have is a game killer. Add to that the difficulty in seeing where armies are heading, where borders lie, who my enemy is and where their armies are and it simply is no longer a fun game. I can no longer spend time on strategy as I am spending too much time working out where everything is now to have time to decide where i want it to be in an hour.

I know a lot of effort has been put into this new look and overall it's fine, it's not as intuitive imo but the placement of menus will be learned and accepted over time but the ease of play is an absolute must if you want to grow your player base. If long term player who know they game are telling you this is not an improvement to game play then you really do need to listen to them. You may well attract a new player base with your new fancy graphic but will they stay? Or will they find the interface just too hard to master with too much time spent searching for armies correct location etc.

• But the criticism remains: design-wise, Legacy is a RISK-esque representation of Napoleonic Wars, and yes, everybody loves RISK, but S1914 wants to close to the WWI theme and, for that, designs like "TGW" are needed.

You've said twice now it's a representation of the Napoleonic Wars why do you say that? Also specifically which parts of the TGW design feel more like WWI?

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'd genuinely like to here your take on those points?

• I think my post was we're serius but ok. This one will be last one since I playing 17 years online games ( I know they take 1 site was take 2-3mins to load or if got a call your game was disconnect because internet went down) make Supremacy same like your first my opium weakst game Call of Army the WW2 game it had a nice graphic but it was hard to play. This one yes like Risk board is that ppl like? to see what is comeing how can see that come only arty? because it put a heavy and 100 arty it show the heavy tank not arty since I test it( even other comment put arty is import bullshit! since she heavy tank only kick see the arty after check army). In old mode the risk board like call it can see it from start know what to do.If want a great game listen other tell you . Know back I told 100% because in 17 year a lot game go from 4k player daily to 50 in my opium is 100% since 50 won't bring a lot more then if they free player. Know replay come what you I won't post in the forum the future will tell if this game I like will other are dead or will safe it by listen to player that spent our and our playing it,

Peace and have a nice day/night

Still respectfull but pissed.

Bobokil

Enforcer(Angel of Death)b78//+

• You've said twice now it's a representation of the Napoleonic Wars why do you say that? Also specifically which parts of the TGW design feel more like WWI?

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'd genuinely like to here your take on those points?

If you had played RISK and then you see the "Legacy" board, you can see the similarities: very simple map, both land and sea, and "napoleonic" units (infantry, cavalry and artillery) with only the improvements required (tanks, planes, ships, etc.) Even designs we related in Legacy with WWI could show as "napoleonic" and there will be no difference (newspaper, diplomacy, and so on)

The TGW map show us 3D units truly related with WWI (infantry with drill uniforms and rifles, 21 cm Mörser 16, Mark IV, Renault FT, Dreadnought, etc ) plus the barbed wire to signal the enemy border-No man's land kind of.

Of course, "TGW" map still needs more work (this font, for example, is too modern for this game), but, comparatively, it's certain the new map is more loyal to a WWI style than Legacy.

Demonaire

b78//+