While the dev team is working hard to further improve the usability and performance of our recently launched Supremacy 1 app, our game designers are still laboriously testing the game's balancing and reviewing your feedback and suggestions. Today's release sets out to streamline and improve a maybe underrated but pivotal element of combat in Supremacy 1: the terrain effect balancing.
Picking the right units for a fight is the most important decision to be made before attacking, but choosing the right terrain is nearly as important since units can gain significant buffs or debuffs when fighting depending on the terrain. With this update we shift the focus of terrain effects away from individual units. Instead each terrain type now has a specific profile that affects all units equally. To retain unit specializations certain units may receive up to two unique buffs or debuffs on certain terrain types.
As an example, urban provinces are very easy to defend since all units get +50% on their defending capabilities and their move speed is reduced by 25%. Plains on the other hand are very easy to attack since all units get +50% on their attacking capabilities and their move speed is increased by 50%.
In addition to the terrain effect changes, today's release also includes a number of quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes. Please find the complete list of all changes and updates below:
- We streamlined and improved the terrain effects balancing: We changed the terrain effects to consistently grant the same buffs and debuffs to all units, with the exception of 2 terrains per unit, on which said units can receive different buffs or debuffs to differentiate their role.
- We made some minor adjustments to specific units:
- We made the Flamethrower an offensive unit with high damage but low health.
- We increased the Gas Artillery attack range to match the attack range of the regular Artillery.
- We unified the Gas Cloud area of effect radius across all Gas Cloud levels
- We reduced the province morale penalty caused by low-morale neighbor provinces to avoid players getting stuck in downward spirals of low morale.
- We ported the Strategic Advisor feature from desktop to mobile to better guide mobile players in their first steps in the game.
- We introduced a low GPU mode to allow the game to run more smoothly on low-end mobile devices by reducing rendering effects.
- We increased the number of countries players can choose from when joining the 19p Europe map from 3 to 6.
- On mobile, we drastically improved the readability of the resource icons in the top bar and throughout the UI.
- On mobile, the production menu now makes it easier to see which building is required to recruit a specific unit by using building icons for the list filters.
- We updated and unified the look of building and unit icons in the mobile UI.
- We implemented a new loading screen on mobile.
- We adjusted the descriptions of most units to better explain their gameplay role.
- We renamed the armor classes to better reflect the units that are using each class.
- On desktop, we relocated the Archived Games by introducing a toggle in the My Games section for easy switching between active and archived game rounds.
- On desktop, we changed the tab order on the Ranking page to put more emphasis on the weekly ranking.
- On desktop, we now highlight the top 5 players of the week on the main page (instead of just the top-ranking player) to celebrate our most skilled generals.
- We adjusted the timer indicating the end date of a game round to only show up 7 days before the game actually ends. You can always look up the end date of a game round in the "Game Info" section of the Newspaper.
- We fixed a bug that caused app crashes and black screens on certain devices whenever a Gas Cloud was deployed or a unit was withdrawing from combat.
- We fixed a bug that led to the names of Insurgent players to be displayed incorrectly in the Front Reports.
- We fixed a bug that led to some entries in the Front Reports to overlap with other entries.
- We fixed a bug on mobile that led to missing unit images in the army statistics section of the user profile.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the ranged attack arrow from being displayed consistently.
- We fixed a bug on mobile that prevented players from scrolling down when reading a message that exceeded the initial message space.
- We fixed a bug on mobile that caused the small plus icons to be missing when using the “add army” functionality.
We hope you like the changes and wish you best of luck on the battlefield!
Your Bytro Team