• Why is it, that when i attack with a 30-strong stack against 14, i still get as many casualties as my opponent. All the time i attack with larger numbers i still end up with a draw in number of casualties. Sure i win the battle and kill his 14 but i lose 14, why do i never win the battle decisively and only lose 9.
    During a battle like that it also always goes like this:

30 man gets into battle and does 4 kills but also receives 4 deaths.... WTF why is my 30-stack only doing 4 kills when their power is close to 40.....

Why is it taking 3 hours to defeat 14 guys when i overpower him by more than double....

And no, there is no fort.

• Hello,

There is some differences between attack damage and denfese damage. I assume you are only talking about infantry. If you mix infantry with other units and put them in one stack. The differences would be huge. Some units like armoured cars have a great defense, but when it comes to attack, it has the same damage value as infantry.

(I was going to say your enemy may have fortresses, but you mentioned at last. So above is the another possible reason.)

Check this out: https://docs.google.com/spread…L94-ZDG1NdPnCEic/pubhtml#

This file contains all the attacking and defense values of all the units in S1914.

Hope it helps,

Frank_666;)

No sacrifice, No victory!

• nope doesnt help, my question is. Why is it that, even with a much bigger army, i sustain as many casualties as my opponent.

Also, ive often attacked with cavalry on top of a stack and they always die first. hell of an investment, such expensive units only for them to always dsie first in combat and also doesnt really affect the fact that i still fucking lose as many troops as my opponent with a smaller army.

• nope doesnt help, my question is. Why is it that, even with a much bigger army, i sustain as many casualties as my opponent.

Also, ive often attacked with cavalry on top of a stack and they always die first. hell of an investment, such expensive units only for them to always dsie first in combat and also doesnt really affect the fact that i still fucking lose as many troops as my opponent with a smaller army.

Then I can't help. Also, please watch your language. Thank you.

• There is ONE thing, when you attack enemy troops on their land, EVEN if you're on a road and not attacking them in the town, ALL buildings absorb some of the damage you're dealing, so even if they're on the road and there's a fort, you're still having to deal damage to that fort.

However, with that being said, I UNDERSTAND what you're saying and to be honest, I think Bytro has "modified" the combat algorithm alongside the morale adjustments. And yes, Cavalry definitely take more damage when in reality they're supposed to be a heavy hitting force attacking at 2.4 instead of 1.2 like infantry.

• There is ONE thing, when you attack enemy troops on their land, EVEN if you're on a road and not attacking them in the town, ALL buildings absorb some of the damage you're dealing, so even if they're on the road and there's a fort, you're still having to deal damage to that fort.

However, with that being said, I UNDERSTAND what you're saying and to be honest, I think Bytro has "modified" the combat algorithm alongside the morale adjustments. And yes, Cavalry definitely take more damage when in reality they're supposed to be a heavy hitting force attacking at 2.4 instead of 1.2 like infantry.

Way more clear than mine. See, I don't even know buildings can absorb damages. I just play sometimes without a single question. lol I'm wired, that's what people called me.;)

• We didn't modify the fighting mechanics, they are the same now for years.

If you attack with 30 infantry, then not all 30 Infantry deal full damage. An army with 30 Inf is actually rather close to an army of 15 Inf in terms of damage output. See "size factors" in the game manual.

• We didn't modify the fighting mechanics, they are the same now for years.

If you attack with 30 infantry, then not all 30 Infantry deal full damage. An army with 30 Inf is actually rather close to an army of 15 Inf in terms of damage output. See "size factors" in the game manual.

Fair enough, you didn't adjust the fighting mechanics, however, when you adjusted the morale that made a change in the fighting mechanics, didn't it? I'm sure that morale of units is part of the equation when it comes to either attacking or defending along with other elements such as location (fort, sea, etc) But yes, the original question still comes from the poster trying to get an answer about how he attacks a group with a much larger group and gets the same casualties in the end.