Measurement tool for planning aerodrome placement (among other possible uses)

• Suggestion:

Add an overlay, available in the settings/views, or in the province info itself,

which applies range rings to the province view when it is selected. For obvious

reasons, those rings could be at 40, 50, 75, 150, 225, and 350 km.

(Range of Cruisers, Artillery, Battleships, Railguns, Fighters, and Bombers).

At a minimum, they should be at 225 and 350 km.

Discussion:

Given that fighters and bombers each have a known range, it would be very helpful

to be able to see that range visually -- prior to constructing aerodromes or producing

aircraft -- in order to ensure that you are able to transit your newly produced aircraft,

as efficiently as possible, to the corners of your (or enemy) territory.

Currently, the only way to accurately set distances between airfields is, having produced

an aircraft, to use its range ring to build new aerodromes within the range, which takes a

minimum of six hours' construction and is horrendously inefficient.

My initial thought was a simple ruler, which would allow you to draw straight-line

distances, but range rings would be optimal, since we're almost never concerned

about distances in only one direction at a time.

I don't know if there is already some similar capability on PC, but if there is,

then I'm asking for it to be applied to Mobile.

Thanks for your time.

• There should also be an option to say whether it would follow a road or not.

That could be two separate tools, then. One to measure ground travel distances and one to measure ranges.

Along similar lines, I'd like an overlay of the sea lanes, so it's easier to choose which path to take, defensively or offensively, instead of making best guesses.

• I like the idea of rings to give distances, (although the maps are already cluttered with the unit banners) for veteran players we all know to use movement time of any unit inf or mechanical unit to measure the distances, but the distance from airfields is a long time issue . (distance can always be measured with unit movement time)

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• Actually, now I think about it, it could be a simple Game Setting like where we can turn on city names, or show resources. Make it a simple ON / OFF showing a radius circle for a number of items like Fighters, Bombers, RGs, Arty, basically anything that has a range.

• Actually, now I think about it, it could be a simple Game Setting like where we can turn on city names, or show resources. Make it a simple ON / OFF showing a radius circle for a number of items like Fighters, Bombers, RGs, Arty, basically anything that has a range.

That was what I was initially suggesting. An overlay view that you could turn on and off in settings. Basically when you have the view turned on, selecting the city would bring up the range rings when the province is highlighted.

• I like the idea of rings to give distances, (although the maps are already cluttered with the unit banners) for veteran players we all know to use movement time of any unit inf or mechanical unit to measure the distances, but the distance from airfields is a long time issue . (distance can always be measured with unit movement time)

Distance measured with movement time is along roads, which is less accurate when trying to gauge artillery or aircraft ranges. It also requires having a unit available, and time to plot the path and calculate the time/distance.

I think having a measuring tool would assist new players and speed up decision making for veteran players.