Aircraft Redirection

• Issue: giving an aircraft an attack order once it is airborne can result in it backtracking to the previous airfield, instead of continuing to its current objective and then continuing on as intended. Sometimes this results in hours of wasted flight time.

Suggestion: if a move or attack order would cause an aircraft to backtrack, add a confirmation step, similar to the warning about entering neutral territory, prior to negating the travel already completed.

Alternative suggestion: for ranged and air units, add an "add attack target", so that movement orders can be preserved while adding follow-on attack targets.

• I like the first suggestion.

The alternative one is not realistic to WWI technology tho.

I'm not sure I phrased it in a clear way. Right now, if I want to advance an artillery unit by a particular path and then attack an enemy unit, I have to guess where the best attack position will be, and add it as an extra movement order instead of an attack order. The attack order would potentially clear out the existing move order and change the path to the target. (The problem is similar for aircraft, in that I can either move a bomber to the desired airfield and then give it an attack order after it's landed, or I can give it an attack order that it will attempt to execute from the first airfield in range.)

It's completely within WWI technology that an artillery's orders would be "advance along this path and then engage this target", or that an aircraft's order would be "transit to this forward airfield and then commence attacking this nearby target".

An "add attack target" button would solve both problems and simplify complex operations.

• There have been suggestions about being able to head to a different target within a certain angle without heading back.

READ BEFORE POSTING: Biglist and Guide

Your response doesn't address my post. I'm not talking about changing an existing attack order, I'm talking about adding a movement order without realizing it will reverse an existing movement order, and the inability to assign an attack target to an aircraft that it can engage after landing at its next airfield.