It's fashionable now to talk about Great Britain, on the Fall of Empires map, but ... what about the Russian Empire? In fact, I'm surprised that no one has yet written a review of this huge country, because there is something to write about.
The very first thing I would like to say (rather ask) is Finland.
- What's wrong with Finland? What were the developers guided by when they made a separate state out of Finland? My knowledge of history is not so great, but at least I know that Finland was part of the Russian Empire, at least until 1917. Judging by the borders of the countries, I can judge that this card is valid for 1914. But again, then why is Finland not part of the Russian Empire?
I was not lazy and counted how many regions the Empire would have if Finland was added to it. The number of regions was 91. (82 + 9 regions in Finland). * Great Britain has 98 regions.
- My questions didn't end there ... unfortunately. Krasnodar! Why Krasnodar? I personally don't know.
Historical reference *. Yekaterinodar was renamed Krasnodar only after the civil war in Russia.
The year is 1914, which means that there is not even talk about any civil war in Russia. Therefore, the city is now called Yekaterinodar, not Krasnodar! If you do not take my word for it, I ask you to check my words yourself, and you will make sure that I am not lying.
- Rostov ... Did you know that Rostov is a city in the Yaroslavl Region? The city, located on the shores of the Azov Sea, is called not “Rostov”, but “Rostov-on-Don”. It is named so because it is located on the Don River.
This is not a small thing. It's like confusing London with Paris
- Almaty. Error again. Before the civil war in Russia, the city was called Verny. In 1918 the city was captured by the Bolsheviks and renamed Alma-Ata. Only after the collapse of the USSR, the city was renamed Almaty. But back to our map ... 1914, which means that there can be no question of any Alma-Ata, not to mention "Almaty".
- Kyzyl. Why is the city of Kyzyl not part of the Russian Empire? Why did you name the city like that?
The city was founded in 1914 by Russian settlers. His name is Belotsarsk. Not Kyzyl.
1914-1917 - Belottsarsk
1921-1944 - Kyzyl
1944-1991 - Kyzyl
Since 1991 - Kyzyl
Guys, this is 1914. The city is now called "Belottsarsk".
- Kronstadt. Why wasn't it mapped? This is the most important port city of the Russian Empire, which played a key role during this period. Not putting such a legendary city on the map is tantamount to stealing a lot of fun and realism from the roleplayers.
To be honest, I felt hurt when I did not find Kronstadt on the map.
A lot can be said about Kronstadt, so I will not give historical information about it. If you wish, you can find out the history of this city from the Internet yourself.
I didn't spend a lot of time looking for bugs in this country. However, this time was enough for me to find many shortcomings and historical inaccuracies. Well ... if the developers hear me and listen, they can make the territory of the Empire precise and immersive. They can also write to me for advice if they need them. I will be happy to help
PS. This card will be 100% used by future RP players. Consequently, it must correspond to that historical period. This card has potential, it only needs to be completed.
PS 2.0. I will add here information about the inaccuracies of the Russian Empire as I myself learn them.