How to increase morale in conquered provinces

• Hey generals,

As a beginner, I struggle to increase morale in provinces I' ve just conquered. Except for recapturing them or using goldmark, is there any other way to do so? The obvious solution is to build forts, factories, new capital in a close distance etc. But this does not help because morale is raising very slowly and as a result there's always a high risk of revolts. Any help would be appreciated.

• PS. Messed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

Edited once, last by nemuritor98 ().

• Thanks for your answer nemuritor98.

What is propaganda office and where i can find it? Also, what is rss? Like I said I'm a begginer.

• Thanks for your answer nemuritor98.

What is propaganda office and where i can find it? Also, what is rss? Like I said I'm a begginer.

Sorry, I mixed games, I should be careful on whether its S1914 or S1, my bad.

In S1914 the fastest way to upgrade morale is, with buildings, by buildings forts, +5% each level, meaning +25% at max, I personally suggest, if you have the rss(resources) go for a level 2, generally that is what you should aim for in all your provinces, a level 2 fort. Level 2 forts also hide your units from the enemy view.

Just as you said, harbours improve the morale, factories do too and also railways, if i'm not mistaken I think it is +7/+8(+2 per level)/+7, been a while, might be a little incorrect.

Something else to improve your morale is conquering capitals, conquering a capital gives you instant +10%, therefore, whenever you can when conquering a country ruled by the AI, the capital is the last province you want to get so all your conquered provinces go from 25% to 35% and therefore out of the range of rebellions. Risk of rebellion appear when morale is lower than 33%.

• I see, infastructure upgrade is the only way. However, this requires a lot of time and resources of course. Until that point, I will have to be able to supress rebellions and at the same time to defend against the counter-attacks of the enemy because it's 100% certain that they're gonna try re-capture their lost province. So, What should I do during upgrades? Establishing a strong military power in the area is the only thing that comes to my mind. Is there something else I can do?

• I see, infastructure upgrade is the only way. However, this requires a lot of time and resources of course. Until that point, I will have to be able to supress rebellions and at the same time to defend against the counter-attacks of the enemy because it's 100% certain that they're gonna try re-capture their lost province. So, What should I do during upgrades? Establishing a strong military power in the area is the only thing that comes to my mind. Is there something else I can do?

Not much else, usually leaving 2-3 units would be enough although rarely it can need up to 5-6

• If you leave 6 units in a province that has a danger of revolts, you should be entirely safe since the last update. If their morale isn't horrible itself, the province will be out of danger after the day change.

After that, it's really just the way it is with all other provinces. The most important thing is that all resource demands are met - if that's not the case you'll never get the morale up no matter what you build. If needs are satisfied, you are not in a bazillion wars and the province is not a ridiculously long way away from your capital, morale will rise. It doesn't happen very fast but steadily and there's absolutely no reason you would have to suppress revolts for days in the same places unless there's major detrimental factors to morale.

For this reason I personally consider building fortresses for morale boost a major waste of iron, as morale in your "mainland" will eventually reach 100% under normal conditions with or without any upgrades and even further away acquired territories will see their morale creep up to acceptable levels at some point in most cases. I'd say harbours and railways are preferable as they provide additional benefits to boosting morale that a fortress somewhere in the hinterland with no strategical purpose does not. That's personal preference however, you mileage may vary.

Bottom line is that if your provinces are revolting for days, something is wrong with your handling of them. Keep a reasonable garrison for the first day change to prevent an immediate revolt, have all resource demands met and this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

• If you leave 6 units in a province that has a danger of revolts, you should be entirely safe since the last update. If their morale isn't horrible itself, the province will be out of danger after the day change.

After that, it's really just the way it is with all other provinces. The most important thing is that all resource demands are met - if that's not the case you'll never get the morale up no matter what you build. If needs are satisfied, you are not in a bazillion wars and the province is not a ridiculously long way away from your capital, morale will rise. It doesn't happen very fast but steadily and there's absolutely no reason you would have to suppress revolts for days in the same places unless there's major detrimental factors to morale.

For this reason I personally consider building fortresses for morale boost a major waste of iron, as morale in your "mainland" will eventually reach 100% under normal conditions with or without any upgrades and even further away acquired territories will see their morale creep up to acceptable levels at some point in most cases. I'd say harbours and railways are preferable as they provide additional benefits to boosting morale that a fortress somewhere in the hinterland with no strategical purpose does not. That's personal preference however, you mileage may vary.

Bottom line is that if your provinces are revolting for days, something is wrong with your handling of them. Keep a reasonable garrison for the first day change to prevent an immediate revolt, have all resource demands met and this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Understood. I totally agree with your approach on infastructure building. Railways and harbours are strategically more preferable in comparison with fortressses, at least from an economic point of view. I'm going to test its benefits.