Ending war with AI bots

• Put up with bots many times?

When was it and can I see confirmation of your words?

After the introduction of the elite AI, it became possible only by 1%

Those games are probably gone now, but it was after the update of Elite AI for all games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• With the "new" AI, it is almost impossible to even get ROW with them. It's been brought up in the Dominion matches that you're basically toast when fighting with an AI because you can't go into their home provinces to finish them off. Ergo, endless wars.

• So what you basically want is for another sovereign country to just suck it up as you invade their territory, murder their men-at-arms and force your reign upon its citizens and leave you alone? Would you do that?

Of course. If a superior force were to gain a foothold and I had little realistic chance of regaining it, I would be foolish to expend precious resources to be wasted as a matter of pride, especially if that was the one thing they were interested in. Their suit for peace afterward would communicate they have other plans and, therefore, offer me some negotiating leverage and provide time for me to strengthen my position while they, we can infer, weaken theirs.

If the worst thing to result from your leadership is 'looking bad', you've done well.

Anyway, I'm spun. Sorry for the Necro (I'm doing it anyway, yes), I'm gonna go back to puzzling over how reputation is figured.