Multiple shots by artillery on multiple targets at the same time.

• I am experiencing a strange issue with one opponent. He has a group of 20 artilleries, troops and a couple of heavy tanks. I am facing him with a large group of men, artilleries and four separate smaller groups (8-4-1-1) of troops and when he fires his artilleries, he manages to hit all five groups in a timeframe of 5 minutes, destroying all four small groups and even fires the artilleries some minutes later on my main group causing 9 casualties.

I have to add that all groups except two of them (which were closer to one another) were separated by long distances on separate roads. As far as I know one group of artillery can only focus one group and shoot once before the cooldown starts. Here, it appeared as if the cooldown was restarting one minute back in time.

Do I miss something here? I have never seen that it was possible for a single group of artillery to fire at different groups and/or reset the cooldown. I join a copy of the infos so that you can seen the result of the first four shots. and a print screen of the situation. Former location of the units is marked in green.

Thank you for your help. I'd like to understand what is happening here.

Red

• If a ranged unit destroys its target entirely, it gets another firing tick a few seconds later instead of an hour. So his ranged units can pick off your tiny groups right after one another, getting a new tick right away after each kill, and then get another tick on the large stack, not destroying it, thereby finally meeting a 60 minute timer.

• If we're already talking about this, since from my observations this isn't a very well-known mechanic anymore, this doesn't just work on infantry, it works on any target if it's destroyed in that tick and also if the target had been fired at for several ticks before. You can spend five ticks wearing down a battleship to breaking point and will get another tick 60 seconds after you finally destroyed it instead of 60 minutes. If you choose your targets deliberately and call it right on the occasional gamble (is that gonna kill it or is it gonna take me an hour?), this is a much more powerful mechanic to use to your advantage than it might already appear. It's also something to be wary of when bringing units into the range of an enemy's mechs that's already firing at low-number infantry or a low-condition mech. It can turn on you quicker than expected then.