(unofficial) survey: improvements to be made to revamp

• Yeah that's even mentioned specifically in the survey, isn't it?

The problem, to me, just is that it's Bytro who originally made the awful, uncalled for decision to get rid of those army displays among many others. I don't quite see why I should be very hopeful that now, all of a sudden, that very same Bytro has magically regained an understanding of what was good and worth keeping in Legacy, or of how people actually play their game and what features and conveniences they're looking for. Yeah I know, new players ain't complaining, which is a very amazing accomplishment considering they don't even have a clue how much convenience they are being robbed of by being forced into Revamp.

They removed that army display for some reason, just like they decided for some reason to make naval waypoints nearly invisible, decided for some reason that we would care about people's usernames when zooming out real far and not the names of their freaking countries, that it didn't need to be quick and simple to see if someone's inactive or not, they decided for some reason that performance was a neglectible topic entirely. And let's not forget that nobody from the community had ever asked for any of those things. These guys went in and made a ton of very odd, unprovoced choices when designing Revamp. Thinkin that they'll now suddenly realize all of that and start making much improved decisions all across the board seems a little silly to me, quite honestly. It's like sure, I think it would be good if the New York Jets got a new Quarterback, but then you realize it'll be the New York Jets who will pick that new Quarterback, so what good could it possibly do?

• These guys went in and made a ton of very odd, unprovoced choices when designing Revamp. Thinkin that they'll now suddenly realize all of that and start making much improved decisions all across the board seems a little silly to me, quite honestly.

Yeah, most of these changes were never asked by the community. They did the exact opposite of what the community wanted. Yes, they do fix bugs (which I appreciate highly), but they also make drastic changes that were never asked for (which is very disappointing).

Most of my friends are already dropping their games and quitting because they are highly unmotivated to continue playing because of these recent changes going on.

If Bytro keeps this up, they will lose a lot of support from their loyal player base.

• If Bytro keeps this up, they will lose a lot of support from their loyal player base.

I am sure they know that. It isn't without precedent either: The switch from original design to what is now Legacy drove away a lot of people, the switch from Java to HTML did as well. I would argue this time it's a little more extreme with such drastic changes after ten years of "Legacy" Design, but they do not care about this at all. Why would they? Our loyalty isn't paying their bus fare. That's done by a myriad of new users before they grow frustrated with the game for whatever reason and leave after a week. Before they've been around long enough to cast doubt whether this game and especially the practices of the company behind it are really something they want to reward with their spending. That's how mobile gaming works. Well, that, and gambling for children. That also works really well on that market. At least we're not witness to that yet in the case of Bytro.

• I heard from coupe people high up they want to get rid of old player' base because it is too skilled for a new players and frustrates newbies

if you would like to make GMs from newbies for sure you do not want veterans killing 10 newbies with one hand