Players dropping out is annoying

• One of my biggest peeves about this game is that in 90% of my games 60% of all players disconnect and get replaced by AI on day 3. The worst offenders being people who join and then are like "nah, I don't wanna play" and never come back, or even people who ragequit the moment they start losing. Playing against AI for the whole game is not fun as the AI all play the same. I know admins can replace inactive players but on many servers replacing players is not allowed or the admin just doesn't care/know how to replace them. There needs to be some sort of penalty for disconnecting, if a player joins a game they are committed to it! I don't think the penalty should be super harsh, but it should be enough to discourage people from quitting. Perhaps a temporary ban on the map that they disconnected from or just a temporary ban from joining any games at all. I know the game allows said player to return to the game after leaving, but this almost never happens. If they decide to return, the penalty is either less harsh or just removed. Thank you for reading.

THOUSANDS OF FEET MARCH TO THE BEAT, ITS AN ARMY ON THE MARCH, LONG WAY, FROM HOME, PAYING THE PRICE IN YOUNG MENS LIVES!

• I agree. In out of 15 or so of the games I've played, by day 3, I was the last player in 12 of them. It is incredibly annoying, as the AI will immediately declare war on me the second it comes on. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS.

• Huh what research

I play S1914

In supremacy 1 you can research new units and level them up. If you don't have your units researched and leveled up you'll fall behind really quick, so a research penalty would be enough to deter people from quitting, but as I said I don't want it to be too harsh, just enough so that they won't abandon their games.

THOUSANDS OF FEET MARCH TO THE BEAT, ITS AN ARMY ON THE MARCH, LONG WAY, FROM HOME, PAYING THE PRICE IN YOUNG MENS LIVES!

• Imposing a penalty of slowing research or other ingame hampering will only discourage them from rejoining.

it would need to be some for of penalty, like a time ban for joining a new game! or if after X number of times of going inactive in games

:/

• Why not do the same type of thing that happens with Frontline Pioneers - having to rejoin after a set period of time?

In this instance, give them 3 games. If they join and drop out after 3 games in a row, the account is deleted and they have to create a new one if they want to continue. Some are just doing it with multi-accounts so they "gain experience" and can bring those accounts into bigger games.

• Deleting an account seems too harsh, what about just a temporary ban for like, 3 days? I'm not too familiar with Frontline Pioneers however.

• I agree. While I'm not familiar with the FP system in TGW, I assume it is the same as CoW. Barring people from playing is extremely harsh. However, I also believe that while creating a penalty for going inactive will decrease inactivity levels, it will also increase levels of complete drop outs from the game, which is something nobody wants.

• I also dont understand the moderator system. The game keeps making players moderators WHO ARE THEMSELVES INACTIVE?! How the fk does that make any sense? Make it check the activity log and give it to a player who has been active at least every day of the match.