I need your help to fight traitors that use goldmarks, fighting to the last men!

• Hello everyone, recently I started a private game with 11 friends to have some good fun together on "the great war". The idea was to play in a cool attitude. There was no idea of being competitive. But the game turned into a nightmare...

Now the world is cut in half, and two main alliances are present : America + Canada vs England, France and Lithuania (me) (with libya that took all north africa, a big greece and an austria kept neutral.). As America as taken a piece of africa we propose Libya to join us the time to push him back to the sea.

We began this war to avoid the americans from snowballing and ending the game easily. But soon, something strange happen: they seem to understand all our strategies and traps, they push back all our attacks and even know the positions of many of our spies. Even more surprisingly, even if we have more industrial capacities, they send again and agin new units. We who just took the greeland are pushed back with heavy losses (almost all our navy.). But there is no problem as we still have a massive airfleet to protect our shores.

This morning, the confederates launch a total attack in libya. Our planes are called to save our ally. But then... Treason ! Libya destroys all our planes as they are on the ground and began attacking France. He had from the beginning joined the americans and now we are in a precary position as the other want to stay neutral or join their side. We are facing an overhelming fleet, air superiority and a triple amphibious assault in norway, england and spain (france).

In fact, you are going to tell me it's war, and yes it is. But what I learned is that they used many many goldmarks to build their fleets and army as we were destroying them again and again. So now i'm just angry and i want to make them pay (not only $$). It's disgusting, we are trying to be smart and they just win with money and traitor... No honor! There was no challenge in this game as from the beginning they were playing with felony and GM.

We are readying our defence for fortress europa but I see no victory for the moment. Even if we are going to use everything we can and know (micromanaging as much as we can, flower defense (thanks golden buddha :-), splitting when under fire, 30 minutes jump...). We are still in a bad shape...

So I'm here to gather all the advices and ideas that you have to fight back. I'm not going to give up.

I know exploits are big secrets kept in between alliances so i'm not asking you to give me them (unless it his a really known one.). But I also know it's pugnacity and good decision making that will make the difference. Many of you are really experimented and I need your help to beat those... (I cannot even say tcheaters are this game is based on a pay to win idea...)

Thanks in advance and sorry for the english.

• The issues which you have mentioned are really severe and I can understand you very well Lerayu. I have played this game before on another profile and I can tell you from my experience that it was the most toughest time for me, because the strategies on which I worked on the daily basis resulted in a complete trash in-front of my enemies, who were pathetically weak at the start but cheated their way out by spending GOLDMARKS. Being frustrated, I wrote thousands of messages to BYTE to solve this issue, but their answer was always the same..."If you have any more questions then feel free to ask."

But after learning from all the mistakes I made in my first profile, I have finally understood the solution of this problem.

As Sun Tzu famously said: "Attack the weak and avoid the strong and you'll be victorious in more than a hundred battles."

Your current situation is exactly the opposite of this quote. You have to understand that there are some key-players which controls the flow of events in a specific round. Players who can bend the foreign relations to their will just in blink of an eye by spending GOLDMARKS. So instead of attacking key-players, why don't you keep yourself out of the mess? and focus on economic growth.

Yes, this was the mistake which I did as a beginner, but later I realized that waging wars with everyone like a madman just to get the pleasure of seeing a large empire of my own is nothing but a totally stupid and irrational idea. So in my second profile, I adopted more of a neutral approach towards international affairs with taking economic and security interests into consideration. I kept my self away from bloody proxy wars and immediately established diplomatic trade relations with strong players, especially with those who had excessive amount of GOLDMARKS. and when it comes to territories I only attacked and conquered those players who were weak or those who were controlled by AI. And when the question was about my security concerns, then I used spies to gather information on those who I saw as a threat(including strong players), performed economic sabotage on those who were dominating me in economic competition and spoiled the military buildings of those who were my open enemies.

In simple words my foreign policy was to make less enemies and more friends, and my domestic policy was to put all of my focus on the economic progress by investing in the stock market, balancing the budget, improving the infrastructure, arming my soldiers with the latest equipment and by taking edge in the foreign trade.

If you will follow my philosophy then believe me that you'll be the ultimate winner. Because by staying out of troubles, you'll not only be giving yourself more time to focus on your national interests, but your silence and diplomatic moves will keep the strong players busy on the battleground, in the meanwhile you'll be flourishing.

Edit:-

Tip: The reason why your enemies were able to understand your strategies was because they stole your private messages by placing spies into your states. They were always keeping an eye on you from the day you joined battle round.

• Firstly, thanks for such a complete answer.

I totally agree with what you say. Diplomacy is the true key in that game and in a war of attrition, it is industrial capacity that will make the difference.

However, the game I'm talking about is a game only with friends I know in real life, it means a different way of playing. If a got involved in those wars it is because if no one stopped america, It would have eaten two countries and become to powerful for me after that.

We managed to "stop" them at the natural borders of France, but it is only a matter of time before they get ride of us. They have much more oil production and as I said, use goldmarks.

Well, they actually understood our strategy because Libya was in the messenger group where we decided what to do and shared intelligence... But I agree with you, spies are one of the most important assets of each war.

• Ahrcanne

Closed the thread.