Fighting with Planes (Immelmann turn)

• well it doesnt work as it used to

planes are now weaker and kill enemeis slower than before

in general : you can use mechanics used in immelmman 1 and immlemman2 in innovative way and cause serious dmg to enemy, but you will always take some casualties

• well it doesnt work as it used to

planes are now weaker and kill enemeis slower than before

in general : you can use mechanics used in immelmman 1 and immlemman2 in innovative way and cause serious dmg to enemy, but you will always take some casualties

Are there any other tactics with airplanes besides this one?

• I say it does not work anymore since planes are supposed to deal attack damage and receive defense damage with each tick. So pulling them back at certain times would not give any benefit anymore. If it appears to be working in some cases then this is just due to the high random factor in S1914 combat results right now (which can result in sometimes no damage being dealt, but it cannot be controlled which side is affected), which can only be fixed by switching to the CoW combat system.

• I say it does not work anymore since planes are supposed to deal attack damage and receive defense damage with each tick. So pulling them back at certain times would not give any benefit anymore.

So does this mean that patrol ticks apply to not only ground units, but air units as well that are within the enemy patrol zone?

• I say it does not work anymore since planes are supposed to deal attack damage and receive defense damage with each tick. So pulling them back at certain times would not give any benefit anymore. If it appears to be working in some cases then this is just due to the high random factor in S1914 combat results right now (which can result in sometimes no damage being dealt, but it cannot be controlled which side is affected), which can only be fixed by switching to the CoW combat system.

it works because in original immelmman you wantd to avoid attacking opponent's planes with flwoer was never good idea, but defending with flower- now that this completely different thing which makes whole battle mechanic go south

so we fly in flower and redirect our planes makign sure they are flyign withotu settign up a patrol anywhere. we want to defend ourselves in flwoer formation without a need to attack. that decimated GO gumba on plane's test map that much he had to ask whole map to help him after he lost all planes.

so as such basic idea behind immelmman - use flower defense to cause dmg still works but ofc you will take some dmg now. losses should be 10-1 in your favor so I ma completely fine with that.

• it works because in original immelmman you wantd to avoid attacking. attacking opponent planes with flwoer was never good idea, but defending with flower- now that this completely different thing which makes whole battle mechanic go south

so we fly in flower and redirect our planes makign sure they are flyign withotu settign up a patrol anywhere. we want to defend ourselves in flwoer formation without a need to attack. that decimated GO gumba on plane's test map that much he had to ask whole map to help him after he lost all planes.

so as such basic idea behind immelmman - use flower defense to cause dmg still works but ofc you will take some dmg now. losses should be 10-1 in your favor so I ma completely fine with that.

Yes flowering is still possible in general, this includes planes. I do not regard flowering as identical to the previously described immelman exploit though. It had a different underlying mechanic. For me it is important to give the same name only to the same mechanic, so that we don't get confused in discussions.

The flowering issue will only be fixed once we switch to the newer combat system sometime in the future.

• Yes flowering is still possible in general, this includes planes. I do not regard flowering as identical to the previously described immelman exploit though. It had a different underlying mechanic. For me it is important to give the same name only to the same mechanic, so that we don't get confused in discussions.

The flowering issue will only be fixed once we switch to the newer combat system sometime in the future.

mechanic different but tricks works exactly the same:

- flower planes

- move them within enemy patrol area never setting up patrol or attacking ( we do nto want to cause our attack tick)

- move them around for some time till you shoot everything

- then come back to airfield and look for another patrol to shoot

- you will take some mnimal losses but will shoot way more enemy planes