Spies are too powerful

• Till now no one has still used spies against me. But I have used them a lot. I've developed my country so much that I can now use 20-30 spies. The spies steal a lot of money and destroy a lot of resources + they often successfully sabotage buildings and intercept messages.

I'm not against all of these features. But in any country after continuous acts of terror the government takes counter measures. Imagine if my allies (I've 3 allies that are as strong as me) also sent 20-30 spies to sabotage a country that has just 20 provinces. After a week so many spies will destroy the economy of that country and also some buildings. what I'm trying to say is that spies are too strong. Here's what I suggest

1. Introduce martial law that would decrease the probability of spies to succeed.

Side suggestion: martial low may also temporarily reduce the probability of a revolt but gradually decrease the morale in the current region.

2. After the spies succeed in an act of sabotage in a city, temporarily reduce the probability of the spies to succeed especially if there is counter-intelligence.

3. It should take time for the spies to enter a foreign country, so they shouldn't just momentarily appear in a country.

I could say more, but I'm still new to the game (I've been playing for just a month).

• Ok friend, now you and your allies are strong enough to use 20-30 spies to sabotage countries right? I tried this too, but why waste money on spies to do some kind of sabotage to just sometimes wasting your money and making reports that rubbish?

Espoinage spies have 3 kinds, intelligence, economic, military; all I want to say is that although I agree with the laws that you suggested, counter spies are effective too espeically if you have many spies in that region, they will pick them up one by one. For me, I always put 1 counter spy in my capitol to prevent other spies from taking my information.

For the recruiting thing, It might be possible for the nation to contact spies in that nation you want to put your spy in or, recruit spies in that specific nation. The game might just work in this way. This isn't such historical game. How that you say that we should all have spies in other nations at start of the game due to historical and realistic reasons?

Get going with strategy at first of the game, always be prepared, and win the game with an amount of skills and take the trophy up with your allies or yourself!:D:) It is just a game:!:

• by the time you can use that many spies without getting in to trouble with your cashflow you could already have whiped a way that country without the use of spies...

So what would be the use of changing the spy settings??

Besides the fact that spies cost more money then they can steal (day profit of a city is less then the cost of the spy stealing it)

ok with sabotage it can be very very annoying

i have used 60 spies on one city... it took days to get them back to the stone age and worse a lot of spies got detected..

in the end it costed so much i could have easily build 1500+ artilery that would have been much much more helpfull