✌️ REVAMP IMPROVEMENT THREAD

• I have to say that I'm pretty appalled by NarmerTheLion's dismissive comments regarding the people who actually play this game. In S14 the way to get the World's Mightiest Army isn't to ignore casualties and throw resources away on barracks but to lose as few men as possible while steadily recruiting from offices. Similarly, the way to increase the player base is not to drive away longstanding players in the hope of attracting new ones. That's just bad PR - and bad business. The revamp as it stands isn't going to attract new players anyway. It doesn't matter how pretty a game looks, if it's not playable - and the revamp is so not playable - people just aren't going to play it. Period.

"I do remember a lot of people saying the same when we changed to HTML5 btw and in the end yes we lose some but a large number of the "I will certainly go away" stayed eventually."

There's a crucial difference here. The game was still playable in HTML5. With the revamp it just isn't.

"SO be it, it is a shame people leave due to this. But standing still was going backwards sadly enough"

Sorry, but the revamp IS a step backwards. You've taken a great game and made it unplayable. How is that progress ?

Three things are required by S14 players:

1) To see exactly what forces they have, and where they are, at a glance. Not by having to click on each grouping individually - life's too short for that. Legacy delivers that. The revamp doesn't.

2) To see exactly what forces their neighbours have, and where they are, at a glance. Not by having to click on each grouping individually. Legacy does that. The revamp doesn't.

3) The ability to see exactly where units are, so you don't put artillery in front of the units supposed to protect them, for example, or send units meant to guard a coast into the sea by mistake. Legacy provides that. The revamp doesn't.

Until the above fundamentals are addressed suggesting improvements to the revamp seems like a futile exercise in turd-polishing to me. Far better to admit that it's a turd and go back to the drawing board with this one I'm afraid, making playability the priority rather than pretty graphics. Who is this game for anyway, the players or the graphics guys (who I suspect have never actually played it) hired to pretty the game up ?

I'd also like to highlight some crucial front-end problems:

It's impossible to register for or log into this new forum on a square screen monitor. (I suspect that means that a lot of players have not been able to comment on the new interface - and a lot of those who haven't found the legacy option button on their own seem to have just left the games they were playing in).

With game information/numbers etc. being in image rather than text form it's now impossible to copy and paste game numbers into PMs. This is crucial when trying to communicate with guys who are in multiple games.

In conclusion, I can only hope that someone more concerned with the company's bottom line than pretty graphics rules that Legacy is maintained, at least until the above fundamentals are sorted out. Otherwise the player base will experience a complete carnage, I think. At the moment, as soon as Legacy goes, so do I - and it's pretty obvious from the comments on this thread that the vast majority of players feel the same way.

• Sorry, but the revamp IS a step backwards. You've taken a great game and made it unplayable. How is that progress ?

I have done nothing sir. All I pointed out is that people are shouting they'"ll leave while the devs are working hard to tackle the issues

1) To see exactly what forces they have, and where they are, at a glance. Not by having to click on each grouping individually - life's too short for that. Legacy delivers that. The revamp doesn't.

Is being discusses and probably changed

2) To see exactly what forces their neighbours have, and where they are, at a glance. Not by having to click on each grouping individually. Legacy does that. The revamp doesn't.

Same

3) The ability to see exactly where units are, so you don't put artillery in front of the units supposed to protect them, for example, or send units meant to guard a coast into the sea by mistake. Legacy provides that. The revamp doesn't.

Also being worked on.

What my point was but you clearly missed it is that the revamp is out for 1 week now. And everybody keeps shouting they'll leave they all act as if this version is finalized. And they need to realize if they can't care to give the devs/the new version a chance to fix the issues they have with it by reporting it... Then I can't care for their "we're going to leave" I have way to many complaints in a day to also care about people that forget that this version is still under construction for the next months to come. I totally agree it's unplayable but you wont hear me scream that I'll leave just yet, No I give the devs the chance to fix the issues we face. If they'll remove legacy before this mode is fully playable then I'll scream in an internal crew chat.

What I tried to do and if you saw me in chat you'd have gotten that other part of the message is to ask for "Constructive feedback" as only if you explain what you'd want and want youdon't want then our devs can change it. Let's faceit bytro will not turn back on the revamp and only with the aid of the community can they get this to work. But "We're all going to leave if legacy is removed" is cheap and useless feedback. if you say it like you did "that that and that point need to be changed or it will be unplayable, and when unplayable we'll haveto leave" then the unplayable covers the have to leave but still that is constructive that way devs know where you're facing issues and then they can work on it. That is a huge difference I'd like to mark. My message of not caring is addressed to people who don't give constructive feedback.

I do care for the game and especially the community as otherwise I wouldn't sacrifice that many spare time in writing the FAQ's here and dealing with the big list. Or even take the time to write this message. It totally agree that this version is not done, but we're in luck the devs agree with us and work hard on it to get to a point where the legacy users can keep playing the game, and the fancy graphics draw in more users. As absolute number ways supremacy1914 contrary to CoW and CoN doesn't attract much new players (or at least not that stay around) so not doing anything will eventually lead to users leaving because the maps don't fill anymore. It's giving and taking and rightnow I realize very will we ask a lot of the users. But I'm certain we can give our feedback and make the devs give some stuff back. So that eventually we meet one another somewhere halfway.

As mod I indeed tried to reduce my negativity on the revamp publically but don't worry even though we try to calm you guys down we too give feedback to bytro and address the main concern of you guys as we realize very well the old users are wanted to stick around and wanted to help to make this work.

Edit:

There's a crucial difference here. The game was still playable in HTML5. With the revamp it just isn't.

I just noticed this too, wanted to add it in too. I remember quite well when I first played HTML5 mode it lagged continously and crashed every few minutes wasnt really playable it took the devs months to come with something that didn't crash every few minutes. Horrible times. That is why I trust with the user feedback the issues will be fixed.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• Devs, really, this looks really bad, and it's because it's totally unneeded when there is some free space...

Demonaire
    ES. EN & PT Game Operator

Bytro Labs | Supremacy 1914

b78//+

All the things you need to play this game can be found here, here and here.

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

Have you problems with the game? Send a ticket.

• Maybe I the only person who is having this issue, but the map doesn't zoom smoothly. When I try to zoom it moves really very slow. What should I do? That's probably the main reason why I don't play the new mode. Thanks in advance.

• Maybe I the only person who is having this issue, but the map doesn't zoom smoothly. When I try to zoom it moves really very slow. What should I do? That's probably the main reason why I don't play the new mode. Thanks in advance.

Hey,

The zoom that's not smooth could be caused because the new UI currently uses alot of RAM memory.
    A patch was released today that adresses this issue and once you receive it the map should load and zoom with alot more ease.

index.php?eID=image&uid=10497737&mode=2
    ⚡ If you speak Dutch, join our Blitzkrieg alliance!
    ⚡ Questions about the game? Have a look at the Game Manual.

⚡ Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    ⚡ Need map info? Click here.

• I used to play all the time but took a very extended break. Came back just now to find everything completely different and not in a good way. Makes me not want to play at all now. And not to sound entitled but I actually won't play it again to be honest with these changes (which is a damn shame as I loved this game before, it scratched an itch no other game has). But here are just a few things I've found that really could do with being looked at:

1. Reduce the lag.
    (My PC is pretty good but this game lags like crazy now, it was never anywhere near this bad before the overhaul. It takes me a good 3 seconds just for it to register me selecting an army and up to around 5-10 seconds to select 8 armies... And don't even get me started on the zooming...my gosh. This NEEDS to be sorted ASAP).

2. Reduce the army icon size.
    (Quite simply, just a bit too big).

3. In-game interface too confusing.
    (It used to be far more simple and much easier for people to get to grips with, especially people who are playing for the very first time. Remember the expression, less is more. I wish I could be more specific to help better with this one but I'd be writing an essay).

Overall, the way it was before was fine. An update in the appearance of the game etc is fine and yes it was in need of something to make it look more modern, but changing the interface itself to something more confusing was not needed. Nor was it wanted.
    But hey, I'm just someone who used to play the game everyday for well over a year (maybe longer, I can't remember) so I doubt my opinions will matter all that much. They never were taken into consideration before after all...
    Will miss this game a lot. And I'm genuinely gutted that it's changed to what it is now. But if anything is indeed done that fixes the issues I've pointed out, I probably will come back (someone please message me). But until then, I'm sorry, but I'm out.

[EDIT]

Didn't realise I can still play in Legacy mode...will do that then instead. And I apologise if this post come across as more of a rant than intended.

• But hey, I'm just someone who used to play the game everyday for well over a year (maybe longer, I can't remember) so I doubt my opinions will matter all that much. They never were taken into consideration before after all...

If you had been around for the last 5 years like I was (and willing to see) you would see many occasions where the devs eventually did listen to the communities. The new interface was needed for several reasons, mainly to allow mobile support which should attract new users in, however the feedback of thecommunity is valued and that s also why the revamped mode is being tweaked to implement stuff that need change according to the users

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• I'm trying to get used to the new map, but it's tough. I do have to use pin mode, as the army mode is too cluttered and confusing with several groups in one area.

I do have some thought's about the new revamp;

1: A bolder font for unit numbers to make it easier to see at a glance.

2: Resource icons could be slightly bigger

3: Would prefer is the DE and Diplomacy menus showed 10 countries instead of 4, but no biggee

4: Larger border lines for better definition of countries. It gets confusing when 2 countries the same color are side by side.

5: Sorry, but the circle flags look dumb and there is no coalition flags on the field.

6: Cannot use the entire "Game Settings" menu, the "Join Alliance" banner gets in the way of the last 4 icons.

I have played this game since Beta, when only 1 map existed. I understand what the Devs are trying to do because the game is slowly bleeding players. However, the old map is not the real issue as to why the game is losing long time players. I think we all know what the "elephant in the room" really is and the refusal of anyone to adjust how it is used. When someone finally decides to take on that issue, you will see the bleeding of players come to an end.

• https://forum-ultimate.suprema…n-model-of-supremacy-1914

You mean this elephant?

index.php?eID=image&uid=10497737&mode=2
    ⚡ If you speak Dutch, join our Blitzkrieg alliance!
    ⚡ Questions about the game? Have a look at the Game Manual.

⚡ Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    ⚡ Need map info? Click here.

• i think we cannot think of another elephant :D
    But this is true : the pay-to-win system is showing his limit in every game
    new game that still work on that old sad system usually die with no one remember them
    supremacy without PTW system, i'm dreaming but hey, it's christmas

• As my game goes deeper with more units on the field and the battles become more intense, it gets increasingly harder to play the game with the new version.

Here are some more thoughts; Some have already been mentioned earlier, but I feel it's important to keep those ideas from getting buried in a long thread.

1: Needs smaller icons

2: Remove the little flag beside each group of units, greatly adds to clutter and are very unnecessary

3: Highlight the icon green or red rather than the number of units

4: Please go back to the way legacy mode shows the stack composite

5: Very hard to tell where your units are located without using pin mode

6: Very important to add coalition flags to the field, otherwise it takes constant clicking to keep intel on your neighbors.

Devs need to understand that S1914 is a niche game and will never become a mainstream hit. It needs to be simple, clean and easily playable. It is very important to gather information at a glance, whether you are zoomed out to look at a country or continent or up close as possible to your units. With the new version there seems to be many more clicks needed to gather the same information than before. The game has become far more cumbersome to play, which seems to be counterproductive and opposite to the desired outcome.