Let me delete previously built Harbours please

• Hi,

Think everyone can agree that placing a harbor at a specific location can give you a significant advantage. I think it would be a great addition to the game to have the ability to destroy the previously built one, so you can build a new one (relocate) somewhere else.

Personal example: Took over The Ottomans but the player did not build the Harbour next to Constantinople. Now my troops go all the way around the black sea cus its shorter :|

• Yes it's a good idea, and in fact I think it would be good if you could dismantle anything you build. It would enable you to conduct a scorched earth campaign when the enemy is advancing, to deprive him of vital infrastructure such as factories.

It would need to take a certain amount of time though, say, 25% of the time it required to build something. Also, you would get a small number of resources back.

• Yes it's a good idea, and in fact I think it would be good if you could dismantle anything you build. It would enable you to conduct a scorched earth campaign when the enemy is advancing, to deprive him of vital infrastructure such as factories.

It would need to take a certain amount of time though, say, 25% of the time it required to build something. Also, you would get a small number of resources back.

I like the idea but im not so sure as it could slow down the game by a lot, but having that choise makes sense. Harbor is more of a passive thing, as it cant slow down the game that much but instead speed it up.

• The next request would be to destroy your own province infrastructure a /buildings when another player is invading your country... it has been suggested many times in past, this is essentially revisiting familiar ground

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• The next request would be to destroy your own province infrastructure a /buildings when another player is invading your country... it has been suggested many times in past, this is essentially revisiting familiar ground

Sorry, didnt know that. I personally can see how that can be a big topic as it would impact the game significantly. I am personally not a fan of the idea, but I want this feature for harbours because you can choose where to build them specifially. Its a unique feature and I think it could benefit from being able to relocate them (with a cost) instead of destroying them.

• i agree with razing a province, like it takes a while but its a process. its a well known tactic in warfare so i dont see any reason why it shouldnt be considered . scorched earth tactic.

All is fair in love and war

• I think being able to rebuild a harbour in a different location is an excellent idea. Realism would require that it takes as long to "move" a harbour as it did to construct it in the first place, so there should be an option to shift harbour locations with a 3-day build, since it's the only building in the game whose location in the province is relevant to its function, and, especially on mobile, there is a high potential for accidentally selecting the wrong initial location. This mechanic already exists for moving your capital: you just construct a new one somewhere else.

I'm not in favor of razing a province; I agree that it would extend match times and probably cause more problems than the realism it enables would make up for. Consider if you've ever accidentally hit the "cancel" button on a unit in construction. Now Imagine accidentally deleting a building you'd intended to pause. The Horror.

• Great discussion and some very valid points made as well.

About "deconstructing" your own buildings: as already pointed out it came up in the past and would certainly fall under a the scorched earth tactic, but please try to keep in mind that we're talking about a video game. Most often this would not just be used to destory infrastructure do slow down an enemy advance but would allow players who're salty because they could figure out that they'll most likely lose to just deconstruct everything they build and leave their victorious enemies with nothing, which would seriously impact the reward for a great campaign.

Relocating a harbour might be possible if it's treated the same way than a capitol building so it might not need an entirely new feature to be programmed. We'd have to evaluate the actual usefullness though as the situations in which relocating a harbour afterwards would be of great benefit are rather scare in my mind.

• We'd have to evaluate the actual usefullness though as the situations in which relocating a harbour afterwards would be of great benefit are rather scare in my mind.

Turkey is the country that first comes to mind, or Egypt and the island nations in the pacific. Other nations to a lesser extent. When I first build the harbor, my focus is internal, for reinforcement and travel directly between my provinces. Later in the game, the focus is on external threats, and being able to rapidly deploy infantry for invasions. Three to five hours of travel to mitigate an improper harbor placement can be meaningful.