[S1914] Legacy-Removal Feedback Thread

• This is so true. I also caused already 2 unitentional wars whith AI because of the pathfinding, something that never happened to me before. I also saw some other players having the same issue.

• The new province administrator tool is horrible. Upon clicking, it spawns in the top left, you need to drag it to the right, re-size and now you have an ugly UI that you can barely see damaged building on. You waste even further time with the building filter drop down tool.....

• knowing what's a double resource province in the province administrator tab would very much be beneficial , like how it used to display it before.

The double ressource icon somehow went missing during the release. We'll definitely re-add it to the overview again.

• I'm really trying to give this a go. I'm on low graphics and country colours on (how a new player would know this I don't know).

However, the comedy oversize 3D armies still make it impossible in many cases to see exactly where your troops are.

In the old mode I could have easily assembled my army between the coast and the city before attacking the AI. Here zoomed right in I can see precisely where each army is as the little white dots are covered by the other icons.

There are lots of times you want to see exactly where you are placing an army but it's not possible with this version.

• As a makeshift solution until we can adress the 3d unit model size, we made it so the position idicators aka white dots will turn red when you hover over a unit. This way you should at least be able to clearly know where a unit is and distinguish its indicator from any of the others present in the same area.

• One other thing that has not been raised yet: in legacy mode there was a circle around the cities (the green one). I used this circle as an indicator for how close my troops could go without engaging in battle. I do miss this circle, or another indicator for this? There was also uncertainty about armies fighting range in legacy, so this might be something that has to be fixed once and for all. I often lost artillery that were to close to combat, even though they were behind my army. It was sometimes hard to predict.

And yes, the new province manager is not easy to use! Why is it all lined out to the left? Why do we have to use more clicks to sort our buildings? Why is the window size so small? Why do we have to make it larger each time that we log on to the game? etc...

• fire mods do not work in High Command

I am paying for that so I am expecting fire modes to work

why my units in revamp are ramming into enemy while having option of offensive fire? I am losing troops battles wars and maps because of that

any solution how to avoid that? any chance for hot fix?

• If you are referring to fire control, it's been working fine for me. I would suggest submitting a bug report so they can look into it.

One thing I would like to suggest/request is having the buildings line up like they used to in Province Administration. It makes it easier to see which buildings of a particular type are missing or need to be upgraded.

• Code
    1. When you have 100 provinces, or more, you cannot see what happens one by one, it is necessary to filter, turn off or turn on trains, barracks, etc. for example: it is of minimal intelligence, if you lack wheat, turn off the barracks with low morale, because they consume the same to produce fewer soldiers and thus you balance the deficits and preserve the morale. THAT CANNOT BE DONE AS EASY NOW AS YESTERDAY !!!!! Those who design the game seem completely unaware of the operations we normally do and modify things that work well, without understanding the criteria. Meanwhile 6 years ago I had to restart the game to change my diplomacy status or the type of resource in the market. The bugs that really annoy are not changed !!!!! Another example, because I cannot place my troops within 1 minute of a border between provinces or a node on the map, because units jump and magically locate themselves in those nodes, when you move or divide leaving you at the mercy of your enemies, when a moment ago were you safe?
    2. Surely there are many more things that would really improve the game ...
    3. On the other hand, the red dot improves the possibility of locating things, only that the symbol that indicates an attack is also red, so in that case it is not seen, but in general it is better than before .... thank you for that.
  • As a makeshift solution until we can adress the 3d unit model size, we made it so the position idicators aka white dots will turn red when you hover over a unit. This way you should at least be able to clearly know where a unit is and distinguish its indicator from any of the others present in the same area.

Thanks. That sort of helps but not completely.

On another point can we not now see which players have gone AI from the diplomacy screen.

Below only shows Computer and Player icons, however, many of those showing as Players have in fact gone AI.

• I got one question

how it is possible that in 2021 we have Revamp that works worse than 2010 Java Client?

How is it possible that in 2021 Revamp is behind in development to 2010 java Client despite superior technology,funds and experience?

I cannot simply understand that

is game evolving into another game and supremacy is is used as a basic but outdated blueprint?

• Thought I'd add these to the discussion. I've never played Legacy.

In the first image: how many units are there? Which ones are on land, which disembarking, which at sea, which in combat? If the units on land, how far are they from the city? ... Where Is The City?? These questions take minutes of trial and error clicking to answer.

The second image is what comes up when I select the mass. Neither the 79 unit army nor the 30 unit army are reflected.

I'm fairly certain this is what most people are complaining about. Tactical decisions can't be made without clear information about what's going on, and there is nothing clear here.

• One thing I would like to suggest/request is having the buildings line up like they used to in Province Administration. It makes it easier to see which buildings of a particular type are missing or need to be upgraded.

Already looking into it, as it does make the panel more practical.

• Code
    1. Another example, because I cannot place my troops within 1 minute of a border between provinces or a node on the map, because units jump and magically locate themselves in those nodes, when you move or divide leaving you at the mercy of your enemies, when a moment ago were you safe?

You can hold ctrl and move your troops around as this disables the auto snapping function.

• I am just wondering: is it so hard to just hit the undo button for the update of yesterday? The province manager tool is clearly not functioning. It lags like crazy and it is just not possible to operate this tool with the outlining of the buildings to the left, the removal of double resources, the ridiculous window size etc.

Just admit your mistakes? We ask you to update the visuals and what do you do? You update the province manager tool. And you did not do a good job on that :) I am currently clicking on my double resource cities individually and i am just building bombers and battleships because they cost a lot and i want to use my resources. The province manager tool is no longer usable with this lag. If i build something in the manager it just does not happen, and then when i refresh it did happen and then i have to open the window again and so on? This raises 1 simple question: why? Why dont you just revert this downgrade? I cant imagine that there is a single player with an IQ above 0 that thinks: wauw it is much better now.

And please do test your updates before launching them!

• You can hold ctrl and move your troops around as this disables the auto snapping function.

That's REALLY useful but how is one supposed to know that?

The new and casual players Bytro are trying to attract would probably not stay long enough to find that out. Our to switch to low graphics and country colours....

I hate to say it the new province manager tool isn't an improvement either.

I AM TRYING to be positive.