Today’s update will see the implementation of new shaders, which will increase the overall performance, especially on 500 player maps. It is also time to say a final goodbye to a relic of the past in the form of the Legacy Client. As previously announced it is outdated and only used by a small fraction of players, outweighing the maintenance work it requires. Should you still have held onto Legacy until now, please share your thoughts on its advantages compared to the standard client so we can evaluate how to make improvements to it.
Last but not least, we start to test the new Gold Rewarded Ads feature on mobile devices which allows you to watch short video ads and receive free gold on a daily basis. This feature will be made available to Android and iOS users who’ve installed the latest app version in several phases. If you don’t see it immediately after updating the app, don’t panic. It will be available to all mobile players soon.
For a complete overview on today’s update and all its new features, balancing changes and bug fixes, please take a look at the list below.
- Players will now be able to receive free Gold as a reward for watching short ads in the game on Android and iOS devices. In order to gain access to this feature you will need to download the latest app version in the App- or Google Play Store.
- A “Free Gold” tab is now available in the shop on Android and iOS.
- An information icon on the right side of the screen informs you when “Free Gold” is available.
- A maximum of 5 ads will be available each day and the awarded amount of gold will increase with each ad, resetting once every 24 hours.
- The “Free Gold” rewarded ads will be rolled out to mobile players in several phases. Should you not gain immediate access to it after updating the app, don’t worry. They will be made available to all users soon.
- As this feature is still worked on, there might be additional options or changes to it in the future.
- As announced in the previous release notes we will proceed with the removal of the Legacy Client and disable it for all users. In case you’re one of the few veteran players who still prefered the Legacy Client, we strongly encourage you to provide us with feedback regarding how the standard client can be improved in order to better align it with your preferences in this forum post. Player feedback is one of the main drivers for changes and helps us to adjust our vision for the game in order to continuously improve it. We also recommend you to switch to low graphics mode and deactivate the relations view mode as these settings will be closed to the look of the Legacy Client.
- New WebGL shaders will be implemented, replacing the old ones. This will result in slightly increased map performances across the board, which should be especially notable on large 100 and 500 player maps. For different graphic settings some displayed colours will also slightly change depending on the selected option.
- An issue was resolved that could cause some sections of a unit's movement line to turn invisible unless it was hovered over. The complete movement line of units is now visible again.
- Various small bugs have been fixed on multiple maps including spelling errors, adjustment of resource production in specific provinces and adjustments to road connections.
- A bug was fixed that caused an error message to be displayed when the page was refreshed while the Support Request Form was open.
- An issue was resolved that resulted in the positioning indicators for units to not be displayed properly at all times. Positioning dots are now always displayed for all units at the correct location on the map.
- A problem was resolved that caused the option to disable the display of individual unit types on the map to not work properly. Even if deselected, all unit types would still be displayed. The filters now work properly again and work as intended.
- A bug was fixed that prevented players from removing rally points once they’ve been set. While they could be moved, they could not be deleted.
- A bug was fixed that caused submarines to be displayed on top of certain units. Submarines are now always displayed below other units in case several units are present at the same location.
We hope you’ll notice the implementation of new shaders and test the rewarded ads feature in order to benefit from the Free Gold. We’re especially interested in your feedback for the content of today’s update in regards to the removal of Legacy and potential advantages it had compared to the standard client.
Your Bytro Team