[S1914] Release Notes - 2021-06-22

• 1624366022_news_images_19004.jpg

General:

• After recently adjusting the colour of player owned provinces, the colour itself turned out slightly too bright on low graphic settings. We made some adjustments so that the colour tone is the same on all graphic settings.
    • The position indicators of armies have recently been changed so that the indicator of an army that is selected or hovered over shows a red position indicator. To make it stand out even more the red indicator will now show an additional white outlining.
    • We adjusted the default colour of neutral nations in the relations view on the map. Beforehand every neutral country had the exact same colour. After today’s update, neutral countries will still have similar colours, as to keep the functionality of the view mode, but the individual colours will differ slightly. This should make this view mode more visually pleasing and increase functionality.
    • Elements of the user interface have been adjusted on mobile. Next to your resources and user profile, you will now find a quick access button that opens the victory progress panel. Additional information such as the remaining time until daychange has also been added.
    • The resource market now only displays the 3 best value for money resource offers for each resource by default. A dropdown menu has been added in case you’d like to see all available offers.
    • A toggle was added to Goldmark confirmation popups that allows you to deactivate the display of specific confirmation pop-ups permanently. You can reactivate the popup in the settings at any time.
    • The legacy mode has temporarily been reenabled for users who still had access to it before it was disabled with one of our recent updates. You can switch to the legacy mode in the game settings.

Bug fixes:

• We readjusted the size of army labels on medium zoom levels. After our last update they turned out a little too small for practical use on medium levels, hence their size has been increased again slightly on these zoom levels. The recent change to high zoom levels has been kept as player feedback was overall very positive in this regard.
    • An issue was resolved in the province list that caused the number of units being built to be hidden behind the construct button, when multiple buildings were selected on mobile. The number of units is now displayed to the right of the button, in that case.
  • Not decided yet, but probably for several months. We added it back in for those who had access to it before because we wanted to give players who struggle with the modern mode the chance to keep playing the game. It also gives us some more time to improve the new mode further and adress some of the remaining issues. This decision creates additional overhead for us and makes updating our systems harder, but we do it for our loyal players. But for sure at some point Legacy will break and won't be compatible anymore. I would guess that at latest at such a point Legacy has to be removed again, but at least for the next months you will be able to use it still.

I encourage everyone who goes back to legacy to check in with the modern mode again from time to time to get used to it and to provide us with feedback on how to improve it. Let's make the next transition smoother :)

• I have assimilated to ReVamp, couple suggestions I have to make ReVamp better

#1 Give ReVamp the burning provinces like Legacy has > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…7226296795146/unknown.png

#2 Tabs function differently Legacy was convenient to have separate tabs open in Legacy, which does not happen in ReVamp, always need to log in separate tab or toggle between maps > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…7622406733854/unknown.png

#3 Have simultaneous display of battle tick in ReVamp click on opponents, to get their battle tick, then hover over your own unit to get your own clock > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…9547576016906/unknown.png

ReVAmp adjustments are nice and I had forgotten the LAG which came with LEGACY , especially on the 500 maps since playing the ReVamp the past month... prefer the ReVamp performance in regard to ZERO LAG

Kep up good work this is a process and Bytro did great with shrinking the Huge Banners and 3D unit icons, few more tweaks and we are back to the previous Glory of S1914 IMO

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• Thank you. The return of legacy mode is a unexpected surprise, but a welcome one. If you can make the new mode as clear and user friendly as supremacy in the next months, im sure the comunity will be more receptive towards it.

• To whomever it was that made the decision to bring back Legacy, you have my heartfelt thanks. Also, IF the new UI can become as easy to work with as Legacy, yes, I will definitely switch over but for the time being, I shall thoroughly enjoy Legacy while I can.

• Furry, always a pleasure to see you around these parts. We, the old timers, have been through quite a lot since the Java days, and we still hang around. The format changes. The game upgrades. But the dynamics are the same.
    I have seen a lot of work going on with the new UI and I find myself playing it now in equal measure to the time I spend on Legacy.
    The improvements will continue to come too.
    And it is because you folks here have taken the time to try and improve on the improvement of a game we love.
    Now, go do, that voo-doo, that you do, so well!

A half truth is merely a half lie.

• Im loving the changes truthfully and impressive move to hear the voices screaming legacy. Keep up the hard work!

Very Respectfully,

Doc Ski

"The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease."

-Voltaire

Check out the Forums!

Join our Discord!

Join us on Reddit

Follow us on Facebook!

Follow us on X!