Odd Occurrance

• Is it possible for units to move and attack on their own; that is, without the owner issuing any orders?

Here's why I ask. I'm losing badly so I hole up in my capital with over 100 units. Next day when I check the game it seems that this group has split into thirds with one third remaining in my capital and the other thirds attacking adjacent provinces and being destroyed. I did not order any of this.

Dis the game do this on its own or was I hacked and the orders given?

• A possible explanation is that you have turned inactive and the move/attack commands are sent by the AI.

You can still turn AI even if you log in everyday. You need to make some kind of actions (e.g., moving your troops) to prevent turning AI. You can check if this explanation applies for you by looking at the newspaper - whether there is a newspaper article about 'Coup de tat' for your country.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• This seems to be what happened. Though no news article on a coup d'etat.

I suppose I ought to have moved one unit just outside my fortress to avoid the AI taking over.