Spies Design Overhaul: Deployment by Nation & can Gain Experience,

• Spies can be very useful in S1914 but aren't very realistic. I think they need to be completely overhauled/redesigned. A shortlist of the changes I think are needed:

1. Experience Gain: A ubiquitous 50% success rate is kind of dumb/lazy. Spies should be able to improve and gain experience and have a success chance based on this (and other factors as mentioned here).

2. Country-level Deployment: Spies should not be deployed at the province level; they should be deployed by country.

3. Update Available Spy Actions: Once deployed spies should have a list of available actions such as:

• building a spy network (this would serve to improve spy success chances in general in this nation)
    • monitoring communications/diplomacy
    • sabotaging infrastructure in certain provinces (this is already doable)
    • revealing armies (number of revealed armies should be based on success chance and skill of the spy)
    • counter-espionage in own and in allied nations. This way you could assist your allied with espionage
    • Disrupt unit orders. Assign your spy to disrupt/change the orders your enemy is giving to their troops
    • create disinformation: you should be able to have your spies feed disinformation to foreign spies
    • Assassinate foreign leaders: this is part of another change I want that adds in faction characters such as army commanders, governors, government ministers, etc. but that's for another post.
    • Recruit foreign officials (again dependent on adding in characters to the game)

4. Make spies named characters with stats and traits (part of my recommendation to add in a variety of characters to the game.

• Slyx

Approved the thread.
  • I think all of the suggestions are valid except "create disinformation" and "disrupt unit orders".

The validity of information and the survivability of unit orders are the only factors that make the game playable. If there is potential for a unit command being given and reversed, you would have to constantly monitor the game just to ensure it was doing what you told it to. People would quit en masse.