Peace with AI Nation

• How can peace be declared with an AI nation that you were at war with? Example: You play Egypt, take that little piece of French West Africa, but then want peace. How can that be done?

• Edwylm

Approved the thread.
  • There are a few different mechanics to consider when declaring war.

The ai have different stances toward you depending on certain criteria. Check your global popularity by going to the diplomacy tab and looking at your own nation (a thumbs up/down icon). This statistic will, in some cases, determine whether an ai declares war on you itself or gives you right of way. Your relation to ai is very important.

I agree with Chaplinatord, don't declare a war on an ai unless you're committed to the effort. A long drawn out war isn't ideal.

Declaring war before attacking someone also helps. The 'perfidious' act will really lower your popularity and I am unsure but it is likely that if you attack an ai unannounced that they will not like you for a much longer period of time.

For a more comprehensive guide on this topic search the forum for ai relations. There are a few good threads by dedicated players which have helped myself.