Submarine (bug?)

• I am experiencing an issue. See screenshot.

An enemy submarine somehow got past mine. My battleship is resting on a point and the enemy 5 infantry is on the next point.

I had a battlegroup with my battleship, cruisers and submarine infront of them as I moved in to attack. There is no possible way that the enemy sub got in behind me because I revealed all armies with spies.

1. How did my submarines get past this enemy sub?

2. Is it possible that my spy revealing this sub earlier (bottom right) "tricked" me?

3. Can you use submarines to sneak past enemy submarines? I thought they auto-attacked when they met at sea.

• Negдn

Approved the thread.
  • 1. How did my submarines get past this enemy sub?

Nothing surprising. If submarines can't see each other, they will not engage.

2. Is it possible that my spy revealing this sub earlier (bottom right) "tricked" me?

There is no "tricking" per se, but relying on old intel while assuming it's fresh, can get yourself tricked.

3. Can you use submarines to sneak past enemy submarines? I thought they auto-attacked when they met at sea.

I think you got your answer already. As long as they don't detect each other you easily can.

• Nothing surprising. If submarines can't see each other, they will not engage.

There is no "tricking" per se, but relying on old intel while assuming it's fresh, can get yourself tricked.

I think you got your answer already. As long as they don't detect each other you easily can.

Well executed.

Very Respectfully,

Doc Ski

"The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease."

-Voltaire

Check out the Forums!

Join our Discord!

Join us on Reddit

Follow us on Facebook!

Follow us on X!

• Thank you for the response Forest_Dog.

I failed to include that I was already at war with this person.

I was under the impression that if you are at war any troops that cross paths will auto-engage.

Is that incorrect for submarines?

• I was under the impression that if you are at war any troops that cross paths will auto-engage.

Is that incorrect for submarines?

Yes, troops that cross paths will engage if at war.
    However they have to see each other to do so.
    Submarines on their own are incapable of detecting each other, and therefore have to rely on detection by other means.
    Such as spies, fighter patrols above and plain old detection while enemy sub is in combat with something else.