Surviving early game when attacked by 2 people.

• So I recently joined a 500, I got attacked by one player but managed to turn it around and was advancing into his territory, then I got attacked in my flank by another player. More than half my troops had died by then, and it wasn't possible to defend properly. Is there any way that you can defend against two players attacking you in the early game? I also joined around day 3, so my provinces weren't set up properly, but I don't really see how I could've defended well against two players in general. Even if I try to build forts, they get damaged pretty easily, and they're expensive so I wouldn't have been able to cover my entire front even if I was playing from day one. And if I build forts on select provinces they can just ignore it I feel.

• Edwylm

Approved the thread.
  • Is there any way that you can defend against two players attacking you in the early game?

The odds of winning 1 vs 2 or more in the early stages of the game are really slim. Your best bet is to find allies around your opponents and hope they join you and attack your enemies from behind. You can also use a defeat-in-detail strategy, but if your enemies are coordinated, there's pretty nothing you can do.

I also joined around day 3, so my provinces weren't set up properly, but I don't really see how I could've defended well against two players in general. Even if I try to build forts, they get damaged pretty easily, and they're expensive so I wouldn't have been able to cover my entire front even if I was playing from day one. And if I build forts on select provinces they can just ignore it I feel.

You do not have to cover your entire front with forts in the early stages of the game. You just have to be smart when it comes to fort placement. I usually place my forts in chokepoints and I put them in provinces where I do not have to travel too long so that I can send reinforcements quicker. Furthermore, armored cars count as an additional fort from my observation. So a level 1 fortress with 1 armored car in it will feel like a level 2 when someone attacks it.

• Wait, so if you have an armoured car in your army it counts as having an extra fort? How does that work? To me the extra units that you can buy that cost super exorbitant amounts of money for like an extra 1.2 defense doesn't really seem worth it. Is it because since they're different units they don't count towards the same damage efficiency?

• Wait, so if you have an armoured car in your army it counts as having an extra fort? How does that work?

Yes. From my observation, one armored car counts as a +1 level fort.

Most likely different damage dispersion values cause this effect. Variation with units is more effective when it comes to attack and defense efficiency than with no variety at all.

To me the extra units that you can buy that cost super exorbitant amounts of money for like an extra 1.2 defense doesn't really seem worth it. Is it because since they're different units they don't count towards the same damage efficiency?

Armored cars have a 2.4 defense value and 1.2 attack value. As long as you don't give your stationary armored cars any attack order, you will receive the defense value bonus. For me, it is worth the extra money for the additional mobile defense that the armored car gives. But... that's just me.