People with no guts

• I am going to have a really quick rant.

The downside of this very intriguing game is that if you are effective in playing Supremacy 1914 (10 players) I find people just disappear when things aren't going their way. It really shits me. Its like short attention span. Its the downside of the thing where you can just go and start a new nation as soon as your not winning. With the 10 player game, as soon as you get a decent 3 player alliance, everyone drops out. We recently smashed one of a 3 player alliance, and the other 2 just left. It totally destroys the game when everyone leaves. To me its bad sportsmanship. What happened to fighting the good fight? Can we create a way to regulate this to try to encourage people to stay in the game and take responsibility for the fact that they joined the game (for better or for worse). The game becomes meaningless when people do this. And its happening to me a lot. Suggestions people?

• I totally agree that it is annoying so many players just give up and are going inactive in the game. It happens to me also on the 100 player maps.

Try to find a good and active alliance where you can play with friends, maybe playing private games.

If you want to make a suggestion how to make it better, be my guest. On the official supremacy 1914 discord you can make suggestions or argue about it.

https://discord.gg/JRvh3eDYW2

• I have the same frustrations. What i do is to play bigger maps, say 100p or 500p maps so that even if many people drop out, there are usually enough remaining to provide competition.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• I agree that this is a problem, however, I don't know how this issue can ever be solved. What can you do to keep players from leaving a round as soon as they realize they are fighting for a lost cause? Maybe a certain amount of goldmarks to everyone who remains in the round until their last province? Wouldn't be earned though, and would be a small amount, not enough for the player to bother remaining active. This is one of the problems that cannot be solved, unfortunately. Maybe more discussions about this issue will bring about a solution.

• I agree that this is a problem, however, I don't know how this issue can ever be solved. What can you do to keep players from leaving a round as soon as they realize they are fighting for a lost cause? Maybe a certain amount of goldmarks to everyone who remains in the round until their last province? Wouldn't be earned though, and would be a small amount, not enough for the player to bother remaining active. This is one of the problems that cannot be solved, unfortunately. Maybe more discussions about this issue will bring about a solution.

I fully agree that some incentive should be given to the player who is going to be defeated to participate in the war until the end.

index.php?eID=image&uid=17245598&mode=2&L=3<< Send ticket here if you need help >>

b78//+

• Thanks for replies guys and gals.

I think we could change it. We have AI right? So there could be an algorithm that tracks peoples game behaviour. I dont mean this to be punitive. Its good that people have the opportunity to learn by starting new games. What we want is for people not necessarily stay to the end, but incentivise them to make an effort even if they are losing. it makes sense to give up and leave when you are dow to a few territories or are out of resources with no options. But I have banded together with people against the odds in the past and taken down some dominant players using strategy. Its really satisfying . And to be honest, most people really respect you when you put up a good fight.

So the question remains - how to incentivise gutsy behaviour?

I'm thinking of a metric that reward deeper player engagement rather than just starting lots of games and bailing. Which is fine, and shouldn't be punished or made wrong. it just shouldn't be rewarded. Any currently the incentive is to leave the game you dont like and start up somewhere else. Thats nice for the individual but its pretty crappy for the collective. ITs pandering to the short attention span of the player rather than encouraging a really rewarding level of gameplay that is possible with this game.

I am writing up my proposal for this metric as we speak.

I will post here later on when I have finished my proposal.

• This has been an issue since the beginning. The only way you could probably do it is punitive. And even then, people would just create new accounts probably to get around it.

• This has been an issue since the beginning. The only way you could probably do it is punitive. And even then, people would just create new accounts probably to get around it.

I think if people have to start a new account then they lose all their progress. I think anyone who likes this game would like to progress. It good to see the ranking improving. I will keep working on my proposal.

• I am going to have a really quick rant.

The downside of this very intriguing game is that if you are effective in playing Supremacy 1914 (10 players) I find people just disappear when things aren't going their way. It really shits me. Its like short attention span. Its the downside of the thing where you can just go and start a new nation as soon as your not winning. With the 10 player game, as soon as you get a decent 3 player alliance, everyone drops out. We recently smashed one of a 3 player alliance, and the other 2 just left. It totally destroys the game when everyone leaves. To me its bad sportsmanship. What happened to fighting the good fight? Can we create a way to regulate this to try to encourage people to stay in the game and take responsibility for the fact that they joined the game (for better or for worse). The game becomes meaningless when people do this. And its happening to me a lot. Suggestions people?

I like it. It's less people I need to worry about. If the others didn't come to his aid when you're slamming him then they were not worthy partners anyway.

• Why not just add an option when creating a map, Requirement to join possessing one of the following Ribbons: "Good Conduct", "Meritorious Service", or "Valorous Unit". Then only people who have a tendency to see things through will join, you'll probably have better competition as well since they'll at least have some xp, rather than like a Lvl 1 vs a Lvl 19.

index.php?eID=image&uid=6474&mode=2

"Be all my sins remembered."

Edited once, last by Starmaiden ().

• Please see my new post regarding this in the post

Goldmark-free Supremacy Game - create Supremacy League (Pay-per-Game).

Here I suggest creating a GoldMark-free League which is Pay-per-Play instead which in itself solves the problem of poor participation. If you pay to play Goldmark-free, you already increase participation because you have paid to play the game. There is an option within the game to refund players who get knocked out super early. check out my new post in the General Discussion section.