When Spies Get Caught???

• Sup everybody,

I have a question about how the spy messages get generated when spies get caught... Sometimes they get captured and the newspaper doesn't broadcast the nation sending the spy; other times the nation gets put on FULL BLAST... I'm aware of how spies get caught, like not enough coin to pay OR operating in a province with a defensive spy.

I don't know why sometimes a captured spy generates a message like this, "1 spy on intelligence mission, was in the Grand Duke TNT713's service, has been captured in Beirut." while other messages say a spy was captured from an unknown nation....

Is there a difference? Are the messages random?

I'd like to know why I get outed in the newspaper so I can avoid that type of embarrassment.

Thanks.

• FMD

Approved the thread.
  • Spies on sabotage missions (Economic or military) have a lower chance of success than those on intelligence mission. Even without defence spies, they can get caught.

https://forum.supremacy1914.com/index.php?8-espionage-en/

While the above thread as not mentioned the %age, based on experience some have mentioned there is a 50% chance of success of a spy or failure. in case of failure, you have 50% (Cumulative 25%) chance of maybe getting discovered as the country sending the spy.

• Spies on sabotage missions (Economic or military) have a lower chance of success than those on intelligence mission. Even without defence spies, they can get caught.

https://forum.supremacy1914.com/index.php?8-espionage-en/

While the above thread as not mentioned the %age, based on experience some have mentioned there is a 50% chance of success of a spy or failure. in case of failure, you have 50% (Cumulative 25%) chance of maybe getting discovered as the country sending the spy.

Thanks for the reply. I read all pages after getting whooped in my 2nd game (out on day 8). Anyway, I think I should reword the question a little better.

I'm wondering about whether you can tell WHY a spy got caught from the message in the newspaper... Sometimes the newspaper mentions that an 'unknown' spy got captured and whether they finished the mission. Other times it tells you exactly which nation sent them.

Specifically, I'm wondering if the message that names the leader of spying nation occurs when there's not enough to pay a spy at day's end.OR if that message is only generated when a spy stays in a province after failing his mission multiple times.

Of course, it is also possible that the messages are random and indicate nothing... :/

• i had a guy who claimed he can influence my spies

and to be honest for 3 days in a row my 100 offensive spies did nothing

not a single report, dmg , nothing

same with defensive spies i had 80 and they could not catch a single enemy spy while enemy bombarded me with hundreds of spies......

i talked to bytro- they said it is impossible to use such an exploit , yet it happened. 3 days straight, maybe even 5 but i am sure 3 at least. so you know - hit appens or not